How To Get A Dog To Spain (Or Europe)

The Dog Rescue Center on Koh Samui is handling all my dog's necessary vaccinations and blood tests etc. I just need to evaluate the best way to get my dog back to Europe. A friend of mine is sending her dog as cargo to Venezuela (via Europe) as cargo without being on the flight and another friend used Air Berlin but flew on the same flight as her dogs.

1. Has anyone taken a Thai dog back to Europe?
  2. Can anyone recommend an airline that will take my dog as cargo?
  3. Do I need to be on the flight with her?

Don't do cargo if you can avoid it. Some countries will put your dog into quarantine if you do it that way. Also, there's more of a chance for mistakes if you're not on the same plane, checking that the animal goes into the plane and then picking him up immediately after arrival. Go on the same flight if you can.

Don't do cargo if you can avoid it. Some countries will put your dog into quarantine if you do it that way. Also, there's more of a chance for mistakes if you're not on the same plane, checking that the animal goes into the plane and then picking him up immediately after arrival. Go on the same flight if you can.

The ultimate destination for our dog, Jenga is Gran Canaria in the Canary Islands (part of Spain). Can anyone recommend an airline that will transport her from Bangkok to there?

• 5 weeks later...

I cant recommend an airline that brings your dog to spain,but i know the most that carry them as cargo are very expensive,but air berlin has a dog flatrate for just 120 euro from bangkok to germany no matter how big the dog is!

Take a look at the air berlin website,maybe they offer flights to spain and you can book the dog direct on the flight with you,so you ll see how much it is goin to cost.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know of an airline but a very good company to handle the move is United Carriers.

My friend has recently moved to Mongolia and they used Crown Removals. They were hopeless and it turned out they were using a 3rd party. United Carriers, once my friend found this out and dealt direct with United Carriers every thing went smoothly.

Up until that point they had cancelled their flights 3 times because the silly girl at Crown got nothing right.

They should know which airlines are best and all procedures.