This Is The Link

mori

If you feel this is important, could you post a translation?

I am not good in english, but i will try.I am very scare of thai ghost, so i want to know which hotel is? I really don't want to encounter ghost at that hotel. thanks!

【本報訊】曼谷警察總署副署長安雷昨天(11日)召開新聞發布會,警方逮獲1名美國籍男子乍薩第(39歲),他涉嫌為男子提供性服務,並且因為嫖資問題謀殺法國籍男子占差(44歲)。

曼谷警察於本年4月28日接到民眾報案,瓦他納區素坤逸路某酒店31樓3112室發生命案,當即率員前往調查,看見前來泰國參加非政府組織會議的法國籍男子占差陳屍在內,致命傷在頸部。

警方搜查占差的房間,搜獲疑似兇手的血跡及鞋印,警方帶到警署進行化驗,並調查酒店監視錄像,發現美國男子乍薩第嫌疑最大,警方當即申請通緝令,昨天終於將其逮捕歸案。

乍薩供稱,與占差在網絡上認識,約在酒店準備發行性關係,但是價錢談不攏發生口角,並升級為鬥毆。他也被占差用刀劃傷手臂,最後他一怒之下把刀奪下,並且刺死占差。

警方指出,乍薩第不但涉嫌殺害占差,而且還逾期居留,自2009年入境直至護照過期仍沒有出境回國,不斷改變藏身之處。目前警方已把他帶到警署依法處理。

TRANSLATION as FOLLOWS

bangkok associate police chief in a news press say, police arrest a 39 years old american, he try to offer sex service and kill his 44 years old french client because money charge argue.

In april 28, a french man come to attend ngo meeting at thailand was found dead in a watana district schumvit hotel 31st floor room 3112. police search his room, found blood and shoes print. police watch camera record, found an american is strongly suspected. police found this american and arrest him. this american told police, he know victim through internet, they agree to have sex in the hotel, finally they fight because they argue on money charge for sex. police also found this american overstay his visa and expire his passport from 2009 and he change his hiding place very often.

Thanks, Mori. It sounds a weird story... a Frenchman paying for sex with a 39-y-o American... in Bangkok of all places! But don't worry, Mori; the ghost is French, not Thai.

I found a thai japanese weekly newspaper has this news. it say the hotel is in skhumvit soi 5. so we can guess which hotel now???

http://www.bangkokshuho.com/news.aspx?articleid=12142

【社会】 05/12

殺人容疑で米国人の男を逮捕

バンコク都内のホテルで4月28日に起きた殺人事件で、首都圏警察は5月11日、殺人容疑で米国人の男(39)を逮捕したと発表した。

容疑者は取り調べに対し、「スクンビット5のホテルで、セミナー出席のためタイを訪れたNGO職員のインド系フランス人男性(44)と性交渉するために会った。だが、条件が折り合わず口論になり、男性がナイフを手に向かってきた。もみ合っているうちに男性を刺してしまった」と、罪を認めているという。

警察は防犯カメラに残されていた映像をもとに容疑者をカオサン通のゲストハウスで逮捕。DNA鑑定でも容疑者が殺人現場にいたことが判明した。

Thanks, Mori. It sounds a weird story... a Frenchman paying for sex with a 39-y-o American... in Bangkok of all places! But don't worry, Mori; the ghost is French, not Thai.

We certainly don't want to buy a property that people died inside, the law also protect buyers from buying such a prperty. I ever stayed in plaza hotel in suriwongse road. But several years ago, a bar girl was murdered in that hotel and kept her dead body in the closet. aftyer that, I never go to stay at plaza hotel.

I just wonder the hotel situated in sukhumvit soi 5 that a french man killed in room 3112, will that hotel rent out room 3112 again?????

We certainly don't want to buy a property that people died inside, the law also protect buyers from buying such a prperty. I ever stayed in plaza hotel in suriwongse road. But several years ago, a bar girl was murdered in that hotel and kept her dead body in the closet. aftyer that, I never go to stay at plaza hotel.

I just wonder the hotel situated in sukhumvit soi 5 that a french man killed in room 3112, will that hotel rent out room 3112 again?????

You will find that there are many houses in which people died. (I am talking about private homes now, not hotels.) Many people prefer to die at home rather than in a hospital, and death is part of life.

I do not know about any law that protects buyers from buying a house in which somebody died. I believe that most houses (at least outside of Bangkok) would be banned from being sold then.

There would be no people in hospitals or nursing homes for the elderly if people followed your logic.

But it's really up to you if you want to limit your life by following your logic. I'm just saying.

I rented a house where the previous occupant had recently died. One night we're having this big party with loads of Thai guys; one is shouting on his cell phone at his BF who happened to have the same name as the deceased. When I mentioned it was unwise to shout that name so loudly............every body left. :unsure: Believe me, Thais take it very seriously :rolleyes:

Yup- and ghosts are a big part of life here, too.

Not only here, ghosts are in all parts of the world.

Oh, you mean here they (the living people) are aware of the ghosts, which in the West they are not. In that case, I agree with you.

Yup- and ghosts are a big part of life here, too.

Not only here, ghosts are in all parts of the world.

Oh, you mean here they (the living people) are aware of the ghosts, which in the West they are not. In that case, I agree with you.

Very few ghosts here, Tom, or anywhere else in the world I've been for that matter. How do I know? The one secure indicator of a ghost is the behaviour of dogs, which cower from them. My dogs never cower, therefore no ghosts!

You have a point with the dogs. But where is "here" for you, I beg to know.

Also, the only ghost I've ever seen was indeed in Thailand. Hm.

'Here' at the moment is Buriram... it used to be Chiangmai. My partner says there are 'pi' in our garden... but the dogs don't agree (even though we live behind a big temple, with crematorium.).

You have a point with the dogs. But where is "here" for you, I beg to know.

Also, the only ghost I've ever seen was indeed in Thailand. Hm.

'Here' at the moment is Buriram... it used to be Chiangmai. My partner says there are 'pi' in our garden... but the dogs don't agree (even though we live behind a big temple, with crematorium.).

Been to Buriram once, enjoyed it a lot. Yes, nature pure, and ghosts still roam the natural way. Which means they don't usually bother the world of the living. I believe that only those with unfinished business cannot move on easily.

The ghost I saw was the grandfather of my then-bf. The way it happened was that it suddenly went chilly in the bedroom at night, and I am very sensitive about the temperature in the bedroom. So I woke up and there was this old man standing at the foot of our bed, smiling approvingly at us. After a few seconds, he was gone, the temperature went back to normal, and I fell asleep again.

The next morning, I told my bf about it. He got goosebumps, saying that Thai people believe that newly-dead will visit their relatives within three days of their death to say good-bye. His grand-father (who I had never net) had died the day before (which I didn't know), and my bf showed me a picture: That was indeed the same face I had seen at night! Mind you, this was in Bangkok. And I had never seen that guy before, which (in my opinion) rules out a bad dream.

That was the moment when I realized that there is more to life than current scientific knowledge can explain.

"French man killed by money boy"

Am I missing something here?

"police arrest a 39 years old american"

So...not quite to do with a "money boy" that one would traditionally associate with a gay Thai message board then?

" a 39 years old american"

I get the 'money' bit but where does the word 'boy' even fit into all of this?

I'm genuinely confused... Without wishing to downplay what seems to be an awful crime, are the words 'French man killed by money boy' on a gay Thai message board nothing more than a sensationalist headline or have I missed something?

"French man killed by money boy"

Am I missing something here?

"police arrest a 39 years old american"

So...not quite to do with a "money boy" that one would traditionally associate with a gay Thai message board then?

" a 39 years old american"

I get the 'money' bit but where does the word 'boy' even fit into all of this?

I'm genuinely confused... Without wishing to downplay what seems to be an awful crime, are the words 'French man killed by money boy' on a gay Thai message board nothing more than a sensationalist headline or have I missed something?

"Money boy" is a euphamism for "male prostitute", regardless of the age. This thread fits into this forum because it happened in Thailand IMHO.