Smart Phone Bicycle Holster

ad61

but can you text while cycling!

the budget answer - I bought a small zip-up case designed for phone or camera from the local '20 baht' store (please don't ask how much I paid)

It has a loop designed to go on to a belt, simple threaded a strip of velcro through this and onto the handlebars. Maybe not perfect - but it does the job.

Sometimes I like music while I ride, turn it up and hum along . . .

but can you text while cycling!

the budget answer - I bought a small zip-up case designed for phone or camera from the local '20 baht' store (please don't ask how much I paid)

It has a loop designed to go on to a belt, simple threaded a strip of velcro through this and onto the handlebars. Maybe not perfect - but it does the job.

Sometimes I like music while I ride, turn it up and hum along . . .

Don't worry genghis61, I'm not going to text while cycling, is rather to use my iPhone's built in GPS to compute my speed and distance traveled during the trip. Additionally, it will show my position on google maps.

I use a piece of low density foam, a few cable ties and one of those rubber wrist band things with great effect.

What you do is wrap a bit of foam around your bars, and clamp that down with the cable ties, and but one of the rubber writ bands through that. Then, the phone gets held by the wrist band. That sh*t is taaait!

I've seen commercial ones but the phone tends to absorb too much shock and sticks up like a [enter metaphor here]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

per post #2, a pic of my carry case

2 compartments, one fits a pocket camera, top one cellphone and some cash

12 x 8 cm - 5 x 3"

20 baht - and another 6 baht for two velcro loops.

Hasn't failed me yet.

Edited by Atmos

per post #2, a pic of my carry case

2 compartments, one fits a pocket camera, top one cellphone and some cash

12 x 8 cm - 5 x 3"

20 baht - and another 6 baht for two velcro loops.

Hasn't failed me yet.

where can u find velcro loops?

I went to a fabric shop they had reels of it in various width; another option is Tesco, electronics section, if you want multi-coloured they sell packs of 6 for use as cable ties for pc etc

thanks. thats what i use actually to tie my nokia gps enabled phone to my bike. a small piece of foam, the phone on it and tightly held by those cable tie thing :)