Parking Outside Of Central Mall

bunta71

Yesterday the BIB were ticketing the cars parked along the road. My friend (who looks exactly like me) got a ticket yesterday afternoon. It is a mostly red and white "no parking" area so can't complain. Guilty as charged. Where does he go to pay the ticket? My , I mean HIS Thai landlord read the ticket and couldn't come up with a clue as to where to pay...<_<

police station in phuket town. Next to vachira. My gf got a ticket too for parking near that hospital.

Its about &lt;deleted&gt; time they started doing this. f***ing morons blocking the left lane @ central is causing so much danger + traffic. Those idiots could just park 15meters away @ homeworks.

sorry for the language mods, but these are the only words usable for the kind of people parking outside central.

police station in phuket town. Next to vachira. My gf got a ticket too for parking near that hospital.

Its about &lt;deleted&gt; time they started doing this. f***ing morons blocking the left lane @ central is causing so much danger + traffic. Those idiots could just park 15meters away @ homeworks.

sorry for the language mods, but these are the only words usable for the kind of people parking outside central.

Plenty of parking space in the underground car park(Central) people park in the road because it is closer to walking into Central, name for these people is inconsiderate arse holes

Plenty of parking space in the underground car park(Central) people park in the road because it is closer to walking into Central, name for these people is inconsiderate arse holes

Not so sure about that. Many times I have driven all round the car park (both levels) and not found a parking space.

Not so sure about that. Many times I have driven all round the car park (both levels) and not found a parking space.

Never had a problem parking there, people park in these places because they can in this country with the law not seeming to care, yes a few fines which people are prepared to pay, but the lack of any real law here works for us all in different ways.

If you can't find parking space ( which doesnt happen often ) park then at the other side at home works and walk to Central via the bridge.

I don't think that this is so difficult to find out for your self. <_<

You dont park on the bloody road and block a complete driving lane. :angry:

Or do you that also back home.

Edited by merijn

Never had a problem parking there, people park in these places because they can in this country with the law not seeming to care, yes a few fines which people are prepared to pay, but the lack of any real law here works for us all in different ways.

You obviously don't go there very often, and can't have been there on a busy Saturday or Sunday. The place is absolutely chocker, with people parking anywhere and everywhere, including the actual roadways. Many times I have given up after having driven around for 20 minutes, never having less than 4 or 5 cars in front of me the whole time also looking for places.

To the OP: When I got a ticket about 5 years ago, outside central, they locked my wheel, until I had been and payed the ticket. ( I say me, I sent the misses) The BIB unlocked it when she got back with th e receipt. This obviously wasn't the case with you?

You obviously don't go there very often, and can't have been there on a busy Saturday or Sunday. The place is absolutely chocker, with people parking anywhere and everywhere, including the actual roadways. Many times I have given up after having driven around for 20 minutes, never having less than 4 or 5 cars in front of me the whole time also looking for places.

To the OP: When I got a ticket about 5 years ago, outside central, they locked my wheel, until I had been and payed the ticket. ( I say me, I sent the misses) The BIB unlocked it when she got back with th e receipt. This obviously wasn't the case with you?

But on Saturday and Sunday you have Valid Parking which you can use so don't have to worry about parking space. I always use this service when i go on the weekend and it works great. ( and free of charge )

wow. i have always hated all the people who park on that road near central. just shows how people only care about themselves

really positively surprised that the police are doing something about it though!

wow. i have always hated all the people who park on that road near central. just shows how people only care about themselves

really positively surprised that the police are doing something about it though!

parking on this road and being hit by another vehicle, the owner of parked car payes the bill. If casualty, the owner goes to jail or provide bail. A jail sentence is likely anyway.

I have always found parking in Central or Home works within 10 minutes for my large pickup, Valet parking is one solution, leave it with straight wheels and in neutral to be pushed around :)

parking on this road and being hit by another vehicle, the owner of parked car payes the bill. If casualty, the owner goes to jail or provide bail. A jail sentence is likely anyway.

I have always found parking in Central or Home works within 10 minutes for my large pickup, Valet parking is one solution, leave it with straight wheels and in neutral to be pushed around :)

Problem is lots of people who park like this leave the emergency break on.

Im at 3 Forturner massively key'd for doing this to me. The guards also helped me key the car since they had to get special equipment each time

Now i always park at home works. You can park right next to one of the doors usually.

Edited by seriouseats

But on Saturday and Sunday you have Valid Parking which you can use so don't have to worry about parking space. I always use this service when i go on the weekend and it works great. ( and free of charge )

That'a afair comment. It allways works well in the tiny robinson car park, but I have never used it at central. I stand (slightly) corrected. It still can't be said that even with their sevices though, that it's not a pain in the arse when it's rammed in there.

Problem is lots of people who park like this leave the emergency break on.

Im at 3 Forturner massively key'd for doing this to me. The guards also helped me key the car since they had to get special equipment each time

Now i always park at home works. You can park right next to one of the doors usually.

Sorry. I don't know your native language but I don't understand you middle paragraph. In England, keying a car means scratching a car deliberaltely using a key to do it. I am sure you don't do that!

The amount of trolleys and careless parking(3 cars in 2 spots) banging up my car in Central was ridiculous.

Now there is a car care place at homeworks so i don't even have to park it and it's not very busy.

I have never had a problem finding a parking bay at Central but we go in the morning

when they open and never on weekends when its a madhouse

Same here avoid weekends parking at Central but there is always big C or Home works.

About time - I fear for my life when trying to exit from the carpark, it is even more dangerous if cars are parked either side. Next I hope they target the people doing illegal u-turns at Phuket hospital (they tend to creep the nose of their car into the fast lane) and also the tour buses etc that stop on the Bypass road in the slow lane to let people go into the big gem/jewellery shop.

About time - I fear for my life when trying to exit from the carpark, it is even more dangerous if cars are parked either side. Next I hope they target the people doing illegal u-turns at Phuket hospital (they tend to creep the nose of their car into the fast lane) and also the tour buses etc that stop on the Bypass road in the slow lane to let people go into the big gem/jewellery shop.

They have stopped giving tickets, it was a one day thing.

They have stopped giving tickets, it was a one day thing.

:( Yes, I saw it was all back to normal Monday. Annoying because there were many car parks underneath, people are just lazy and selfish!!!

Ah yes indeed. I parked in the car park yesterday about noonish. Took about 15 minutes to find a space, then when I came back, some &lt;deleted&gt; had parked in front of my car. Did I mention I am disabled and cannot walk very far? Not that would have any significance to the perfect folks here. All around the world there are parking lanes along some streets. The ones outside Central are defacto parking spaces since that is how it is used. When traveling past this area I realize this and I simply use one of the two inside lanes. Thailand takes getting used to in order to reduce the stress we bring on to ourselves complaining about how things here are not like what we do at home.My solution would be to remove the red and white paint and allow parking there. After both of my knees are replaced I will start parking at Homepro. As for now the walk over the overpass is too painful. I am only good for a couple hundred meters of walking per day. Without designated and useful handicapped parking available GENERALLY I will continue to find parking that suits me. That is as soon as I find the nice considerate person who is still parked in front of my car. Yes I know some young buck will say I may as well go back home where they have handicapped parking. I choose not to. Some of these newbies will eventually see things for what they are. I used to be the same way screamin' at everything here that did not suit me. This should get the PC folks wound up....:D

I agree.

Took about 15 minutes to find a space, then when I came back, some &lt;deleted&gt; had parked in front of my car.

I presume in Neutral with hand brake off? Parking like that is very common and accepted here. Simply move the car, or ask somebody to move the car for you, and move on.

Ah yes indeed. I parked in the car park yesterday about noonish. Took about 15 minutes to find a space, then when I came back, some &lt;deleted&gt; had parked in front of my car. Did I mention I am disabled and cannot walk very far? Not that would have any significance to the perfect folks here. All around the world there are parking lanes along some streets. The ones outside Central are defacto parking spaces since that is how it is used. When traveling past this area I realize this and I simply use one of the two inside lanes. Thailand takes getting used to in order to reduce the stress we bring on to ourselves complaining about how things here are not like what we do at home.My solution would be to remove the red and white paint and allow parking there. After both of my knees are replaced I will start parking at Homepro. As for now the walk over the overpass is too painful. I am only good for a couple hundred meters of walking per day. Without designated and useful handicapped parking available GENERALLY I will continue to find parking that suits me. That is as soon as I find the nice considerate person who is still parked in front of my car. Yes I know some young buck will say I may as well go back home where they have handicapped parking. I choose not to. Some of these newbies will eventually see things for what they are. I used to be the same way screamin' at everything here that did not suit me. This should get the PC folks wound up....:D

Get to Central earlier, there are a plethora of car parks right up until 1130 on just about every day except Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Where the cars park outside Central is a safety issue - the slight hill impedes vision and with cars parked either side of the exit merging onto the road is a huge risk.

BTW I am only a newbie to the forum, I have lived here many years!!!

Took about 15 minutes to find a space, then when I came back, some &lt;deleted&gt; had parked in front of my car.

I presume in Neutral with hand brake off? Parking like that is very common and accepted here. Simply move the car, or ask somebody to move the car for you, and move on.

you presumed wrong .White Fortuner in Park. Not that easy for me to search for the people to help. But this has been discussed before many times. Not fond of this practice of imposing on someone to move their car. I'll be parking outside....

you presumed wrong .White Fortuner in Park. Not that easy for me to search for the people to help. But this has been discussed before many times. Not fond of this practice of imposing on someone to move their car. I'll be parking outside....

please tell me you key'd that bastard? It's always a fortuner on park. always.

You could explain to them in thai why its wrong to park with the handbreak but they wont understand. if you key the car very hard they will remember next time (dam_n MY FORTUNER WITH 200BAHT OF GAZ FOR STATUS WAS KEY'D LAST TIME I PUT PARK, I WILL LEAVE IT OFF BECAUSE I WONT BE ABLE TO AFFORD TO FIX IT NEXT TIME)

Anyways the new trend now is to park in the roundabout at homeworks, 3 cars wide roundabout, they park 2-3 of them to make sure you can't use it.

please tell me you key'd that bastard? It's always a fortuner on park. always.

You could explain to them in thai why its wrong to park with the handbreak but they wont understand. if you key the car very hard they will remember next time (dam_n MY FORTUNER WITH 200BAHT OF GAZ FOR STATUS WAS KEY'D LAST TIME I PUT PARK, I WILL LEAVE IT OFF BECAUSE I WONT BE ABLE TO AFFORD TO FIX IT NEXT TIME)

Anyways the new trend now is to park in the roundabout at homeworks, 3 cars wide roundabout, they park 2-3 of them to make sure you can't use it.

Keying cars is not in my repertoire. Can I use that French word on this forum? Actually I went back inside and had lunch. When I returned the genius had gone away.So was the stress.

Fortuners are second only to minivan drivers in terms of bad,aggressive and arrogant driving. The above backs up the theory.

The only good Fortuner is a 'Keyed' Fortuner!

However, you did good not to.