Crazy Things You See On The Road

Livinginexile

Can't see anything "crazy" with this. The kid is strapped to the back of the mother, can't fall out so.... :unsure:

And umm...what if the mother falls out Semper?

Don't tell me... people never fall off motor bikes in Thailand right? :whistling:

Edited by Livinginexile

Can't see anything "crazy" with this. The kid is strapped to the back of the mother, can't fall out so.... :unsure:

Don't tell me, people never fall off motor bikes in Thailand right? :whistling:

Well, I have never seen this. I mean whilst driving and then suddenly the driver falls off the bike. However I can imagine

that kids, dogs etc. falls off if not strapped down. :rolleyes:

Edited by Semper

Well, I have never seen this. I mean whilst driving and then suddenly the driver falls off the bike. However I can imagine

The reasons the Thais were so stunned by this was that straps were used. In the Thai way of thinking, you must have 2 adults on the motorbike, with the one in back holding the baby in their arms. That is so much safer than using a backpack. After all, human arms are so much more reliable during a sudden movement than rugged cloth straps.

Don't know why this is a big deal, other than the fact that a farang is doing it instead of a Thai. I would never do this with my children, but if you care so little for your progeny that you feel riding with them on a motorcycle is a justifiable risk, then I would think this arrangement is no more dangerous than the preferred Thai solution, and actually better in alot of ways.

It's the first time I've seen anyone on a motorcycle use a 'child-safety seat'. Better than what's typically done....have the child sit on some jury-rigged front seat and hold on to the handlebars or sit behind mom and grab ahold of her waist.

Okay, quick......how many falangs do you know here that use certified child-safety seats in their vehicles? How many Americans do you know back in the US that don't use child-safety seats?

This baby moving so much, the hat comes off!

Yeah one thing that still sends a bit of a shudder through me is seeing a fairly new born infant being cradled in one arm as mummy or daddy controls the bike with the other.

I would agree not what you would expect from a farang. But on a scale of 0-10 hardly a 2 compared to some of the things you see. I have seen mother pillion, breast feeding baby?

I have added a photo. Hope it attaches. I must add that someone posted this on here a few months ago. So sadly I can not claim it as mine?

jb1

post-37398-0-31292400-1305373397_thumb.j

I would agree not what you would expect from a farang. But on a scale of 0-10 hardly a 2 compared to some of the things you see. I have seen mother pillion, breast feeding baby?

I have added a photo. Hope it attaches. I must add that someone posted this on here a few months ago. So sadly I can not claim it as mine?

jb1

Yeah, right. Look up Photoshop on google

I agree - the only unusual thing is that the woman is farang.

Besides that, it is pretty much par for the course in Thailand.

Meaning: It's perfectly sound and correct if Farang display such activities......but if it was Thai?

I agree that it is an unusual sight from the western prospective but what does some one do who only has a motorbike,and a baby,when he needs to go somewhere.

After all it it is a 500% safer option then any of the one I see on a daily base.

post-123217-0-53076600-1305392273_thumb.

post-123217-0-72658800-1305392295_thumb.

post-123217-0-86406900-1305392305_thumb.

Completely agree. If you want regulations. laws, over the top health and safety etcThen go back to farang land. Is this not part of the reason why we like Thailand.....

From my point of view I can see many things "crazy" or wrong with it, but it's quite tame for Thailand I've seen the locals do much worse with a child not much larger then that hanging on for dear life with no restraint on the back whatsoever or helmet etc.... So, kind of surprised at the supposed reactions of the Thai passengers mentioned or were they just speaking tongue in cheek and the OP probably didn't realize it or doing that Thai thing and just agreeing with the OP's reaction so not to look stupid themselves..

I am shocked, look at the reflection that pink ribbon casts onto the windshield! That could well and truly obscure ones vision and possibly cause an accident! ;)

Yes far more dangerous and in the process he could have run into the poor lady with her baby riding on the side of the road :( ..

The reasons the Thais were so stunned by this was that straps were used. In the Thai way of thinking, you must have 2 adults on the motorbike, with the one in back holding the baby in their arms. That is so much safer than using a backpack. After all, human arms are so much more reliable during a sudden movement than rugged cloth straps.

Don't know why this is a big deal, other than the fact that a farang is doing it instead of a Thai. I would never do this with my children, but if you care so little for your progeny that you feel riding with them on a motorcycle is a justifiable risk, then I would think this arrangement is no more dangerous than the preferred Thai solution, and actually better in alot of ways.

:clap2: :clap2: yes, well done, you nailed that one exactly..

Really ??? !!! Look : took me less than one day to see this , on my way to Nathon this morning ..... ;)))

post-36154-0-03822000-1305474061_thumb.j