Best Thai Insurance For Long Time Stay Non Thai Citicens?

Sandman77

Hello!

i live now in thailand,from my home country in erope i can only make health insurance from mondeal asistance for one year,after this time the told me on the hotlline i cannot extend must fly back home,to make a new insurance!

so what should non thai peaple schould do now,to get a insuramce for more then one year?

i called also modeal asistance same company in thailand the say about this sorry our insurance is only for thaipeople,iam not married yet,with thai woman,so what insurance in thailand everyone,no matter what country coming from would accept,,i calles many but the aswer was everywhere the same!

If you are in Thailand for the long haul, my advice is to get medical insurance sooner, rather than later. The list of your "pre-existing conditions," which are excluded in their entirety by most Thai insurers, will increase with every doctor visit. So far, BUPA (my insurer) hasn't accessed my home country medical records, but they are VERY thorough in researching all Thailand medical records.

They apply the exclusion to broad general systems. I once visited a Bumrungrad doctor for aerotitis (blocked ears) after landing in Bangkok, the doctor noted a "probable" cause as "chronic sinusitis." That was before I enrolled with BUPA for insurance. Several years later, I underwent surgery at BNH Hospital for a deviated septum, and they denied all charges because of the "probable" sinusitis note in my Bumrumgrad chart. I was so angry (at BUPA, not the hospital) I went back to Bumrungrad and had the doctor revise my chart to remove the "speculative" cause of my aerotitis. BUPA then covered the charges for my deviated septum, but it was an ordeal.

Interestingly, after that one-time visit to Bumrungrad for the aerotitis, I had exclusively used BNH Hospital. Regardless, BUPA was able to mine through the data, find my Bumrungrad chart, and home in on the sinusitis.

I signed up with the Thaivisa group policy last year (finally joined the ranks of adulthood, I guess) and while I haven't had to make any claims so far (fingers crossed I stay healthy) a friend of mine who has has found it quite good.

sounds very good in aproximently 8 month when my insurance from home is finish i will sign up here,whats the price of the health insurance one year,and how high is the amount of money in case of exident or hospitalstay the insurance will cover this infirmation i cannnot find on the website !==?

Sandman for this years plans please look HERE

Does this BUPA insurance also cover during visits back in Europe? For example if I visit for 2-3 months every year and live in Thailand most of the year?

Another important question would be if it covers natural alternatives, such as TCM, homoeopathic remedies for people who take a more proactive and natural approach to healthcare.

Edited by g00dgirl

• 1 month later...

I am in a situation where I have a UK address and I have a very good Annual International Travel Insurance package covering all accidents, hospital treatment abroad etc.

Basically it is Travel insurance and has a limit of 30 days in any one trip.

I do not return to the UK very much and now 50+ although pretty fit with no known or pre-existing medical issues, I feel I need some form of Medical Insurance whilst I am in Thailand. At present I spend 4 weeks at work and 4 weeks in Thailand or visiting other Asean Countries.

I am building my retirement home in Surin, Thailand and will eventually stay there longer term.

What would be the best Policy for me, to cover Accidents and any other Medical Condition and which would be valid for my longer term stay here in a few year time?

I have reviewed the Thai Visa insurance Plans and consider them a very good option...but which one?

Cheers, MH

I am in a situation where I have a UK address and I have a very good Annual International Travel Insurance package covering all accidents, hospital treatment abroad etc.

Basically it is Travel insurance and has a limit of 30 days in any one trip.

I do not return to the UK very much and now 50+ although pretty fit with no known or pre-existing medical issues, I feel I need some form of Medical Insurance whilst I am in Thailand. At present I spend 4 weeks at work and 4 weeks in Thailand or visiting other Asean Countries.

I am building my retirement home in Surin, Thailand and will eventually stay there longer term.

What would be the best Policy for me, to cover Accidents and any other Medical Condition and which would be valid for my longer term stay here in a few year time?

I have reviewed the Thai Visa insurance Plans and consider them a very good option...but which one?

Cheers, MH

There are several very good plans suitable so may we suggest you go HERE for an on-line quote of various plans ?