Man Shot Dead During Phuket Drinking Session

Lite Beer

Man shot dead during Phuket drinking session

phuket-1-10307SgsaLEgxnuBaHANSNynxPbRpUc.jpg

Officers investigate the scene in front of the house opposite Wat Patong.

PHUKET: Phuket police are investigating what happened between two "cousins" last seen sitting together drinking in front of a house in Patong yesterday morning.

One man was found still at the scene, shot in the head and grasping a 9mm handgun.

The other man is missing.

Lt Col Chaowalit Neamwadee, duty officer at Patong Police Station, said police received a report about 11:20am that a man had shot himself.

Officers arrived at the scene, a house opposite Suwannakiree Temple (Wat Patong) on Prabarami Rd, to find Yodthong Pinjit, 34, from Rachaburi, on the ground with a serious head wound.

Officers also found several bullet casings at the scene.

Suneerat Pissadu, the younger sister of Montri Pissadu, a "cousin" of the deceased, said Mr Yodthong was last seen in front of the house drinking with Montri, 35, when she went out to buy food.

“When I came home, Yodthong was lying on the ground. I called my boyfriend to call the police. My brother had gone,” Ms Suneerat said.

Sampawat Wannasangkam, a Patong Municipality officer and one of the first to arrive at the scene, reported that, "Yodthong was still breathing when we arrived and he was holding a gun in his right hand.

“A medical team arrived a few minutes later to rush him to Patong Hospital,” he said.

Mr Yodthong was later transferred to Vachira Phuket Hospital in Phuket Town, where he was dead on arrival.

Ampai Pissadu, Mr Montri’s mother, was shocked by the incident.

“The two of them were very close. They have never had an argument,” she said.

“The gun belongs to my son. He usually shoots it into the sky,” she added.

Lt Col Chaowalit said police were continuing their investigation into the incident.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2011-05-15

I can't think of the words to describe the way Phuket going.

It is a litany of greed which brings lawless thugs.

Why can't they understand they are going to kill the golden egg.

Even Pattaya seems better than here now.

Greed Greed greed brings lowlifes.

Phuket police probe into drinking shooting death on hold

phuket-1-10325YPlKPTIHtetOAAiwHQflJUGKsM.jpg

One of several bullet casings found at the scene.

Photo: Sampawat Wannasangkam

PHUKET: -- The key witness to the shooting death of a Ratcha Buri man in Phuket last weekend remains at large, and the investigation is suspended until relatives hold funeral services for the deceased.

The victim, 34-year-old Yodthong Pinjit, was found dead of a gunshot wound to the top of the head in his small home near Patong Temple last Saturday morning.

A family member told police he was engaged in a morning drinking session with his cousin, 35-year-old Montri Pissadu, shortly before his body was discovered.

A half-finished bottle of expensive Scotch whiskey remained on the porch table where the two men had been drinking.

Mr Pissadu, 35, has not been seen since.

“The investigation has not progressed much as his relatives don’t want to talk. Also, nobody witnessed exactly what happened because Yodthong and Montri were the only ones at the scene,” Patong Police duty officer Chaowalit Neamwadee said.

“Montri disappeared right after the incident and we haven’t been able to locate him yet,” he added.

Despite Mr Montri's hasty departure, Lt Col Chaowalit still believes the 9mm firearm discharged accidentally.

The two men were relatives and friends who lived side-by-side without incident for a long time, he said.

Ampai Pissadu told the Gazette that the gun belonged to her son, Mr Montri, who usually fired it into the sky.

Patong Police will arrange to have relatives bring in Mr Montri for questioning after his cousin’s cremation, Lt Col Chaowalit said.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2011-05-20