Topless Beach

nakotic

I know this is frowned on and probably illegal but I've been asked by a couple of mates who are coming here with their girlfriends to find out if there's any beaches in Pattaya/Jomtien where topless sunbathing is tolerated ?

I'm sure the Russians girls do it somewhere but it's knowing where.

Any ideas please ?

illegal yes, frowned on yes to say the least, offensive yes, disrespectfull another yes, if your friends want that suggest spain or carabien, it is diffinatly not allwed here. i am sure the Russian girls dont do it anywhere or they would be nicked and in big trouble. i would imagine a phone call to the BIB would be made pronto. IDEA, perhaps your efforts would be better put into explaining to your friends about respecting a countries culture rather than trying to offend its culture. since you are trying to promote an illegal activity which is against the forum rules you may find post removed, hope so anyway.

Edited by NALAK

Warning: Pointless and Boring Old SEA Hand Story...

When I first came to Thailand 30 years ago - and for a few years after -- it was fairly common that people would go topless or even nude at the beach to the right of the point where the road curved to parallel the shore (ie at the very start of Jomtien).

Yeah, I know -- that doesn't help. But just thought I'd reflect for a moment on how relatively remote and unspoiled Jomtien once was (it was no tropical paradise, certainly, but it was fairly clean and crowd free -- and a bit wilder).

Though it is frowned upon i have seen topless russians on Pattaya beach a number of times and certainly on the beaches on Koh Larn where I can't remember being there and not seen one or two topless.

illegal yes, frowned on yes to say the least, offensive yes, disrespectfull another yes, if your friends want that suggest spain or carabien, it is diffinatly not allwed here. i am sure the Russian girls dont do it anywhere or they would be nicked and in big trouble. i would imagine a phone call to the BIB would be made pronto. IDEA, perhaps your efforts would be better put into explaining to your friends about respecting a countries culture rather than trying to offend its culture. since you are trying to promote an illegal activity which is against the forum rules you may find post removed, hope so anyway.

Thanks for the totally pointless rant disguised as a reply.