2-Cup Coffee Percolator

I know it's been asked before and the last info was that Makro was offering them - the aluminium CONA style.

Went there the other day and hunted to no avail.

Anyone know where I can buy anything like this now? Even the plunger-type cafetiere would be fine . . .

Or anyone got an ally CONA they don't use . . . I'll buy it!??

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

Check Home Mart Chawang, next to Tesco... They had the electric drip makers there on Friday / Saturday... I think 1500 baht range... pretty high priced! ( I just happened to notice, while walking through that isle.) 10 cuppas around 3000 baht! :wacko:

As for the push down types, I think!!!! the Kitchen shop, just up from Tesco, in Nanthon has or had! ... been a while since I was in there. :unsure:

You might also try the other Kitchen ware shop going into Nanthon from Maenam way, just almost across from were the road comes out from the ferry... near the 7.11 (that is the first turning, not the one closer to the Mini Tesco.)

Makro sells pretty decent coffee, if you do find a maker!

See jdee posted same time, yes Bon Cafe might be a good place to try too!

Edited by samuijimmy

Bon Coffee on the ring road past the traffic lights at Bophut going towards Nathon on the left hand side, they have many styles

i'm sure you will find something there

Only drip filters jugs and then prices start at 8,000B. I know. I've been there.

R

Check Home Mart Chawang, next to Tesco... They had the electric drip makers there on Friday / Saturday... I think 1500 baht range... pretty high priced! ( I just happened to notice, while walking through that isle.) 10 cuppas around 3000 baht! :wacko:

As for the push down types, I think!!!! the Kitchen shop, just up from Tesco, in Nanthon has or had! ... been a while since I was in there. :unsure:

You might also try the other Kitchen ware shop going into Nanthon from Maenam way, just almost across from were the road comes out from the ferry... near the 7.11 (that is the first turning, not the one closer to the Mini Tesco.)

Makro sells pretty decent coffee, if you do find a maker!

See jdee posted same time, yes Bon Cafe might be a good place to try too!

Thanks Jimbo - I'll keep my eye out but I really wanted to find a percolator rather than a dripper. (That's what I'm doing at the moment and It's never good.)

R

hey rob i only use a french press because i've found that no matter when and if makro or tesco has a new shipment of coffee makers in, there are never any replacement parts for when someone drops the pot and i also don't think boiling water belongs anywhere near my coffee grounds. i'm quite familiar with percolators however i've never seen any on samui yet they are available nationwide in robinsons dept. store.

my annual trek to penang almost invariably includes a stop at robinsons in hat yai to buy another french press, last year i was lucky and it was a 2 for 1 sale.

Just found a photo of what I'm after - stovetop type.

Anyone seen one around??

R

Appreciate an update if you find any around. Been searching for months - looked in all the places mentioned in this thread but no luck. Should have brought my old one with me!

Anyone seen one around??

R

Appreciate an update if you find any around. Been searching for months - looked in all the places mentioned in this thread but no luck. Should have brought my old one with me!

TGFEBay!

Stainless steel so can use with induction ring - Ikea - pricy app 1,400 inc post

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250765261969&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

and YAAAA! cheapo and 650 baht inc post

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270742530328&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Right. On to PayPal . . . .

R

Anyone seen one around??

R

Have not seen one on the left in years!

It's almost cheaper to got to Starbucks or other coffee shop and just bye ready made coffee or a a year, just not convenient!

My Electrolux coffee maker is a pain in the neck it not set exactly right .... it all spills over the counter... :annoyed: Only thing I could find when I was looking 2 -3 years ago!

Perhaps Joe could bring back a boot / trunk full on next trip to Malaysia ;) (Using UK and North American term there!)

Anyone seen one around??

R

Have not seen one on the left in years!

It's almost cheaper to got to Starbucks or other coffee shop and just bye ready made coffee or a a year, just not convenient!

My Electrolux coffee maker is a pain in the neck it not set exactly right .... it all spills over the counter... :annoyed: Only thing I could find when I was looking 2 -3 years ago!

Perhaps Joe could bring back a boot / trunk full on next trip to Malaysia ;) (Using UK and North American term there!)

i've always got some extra space but my markup is outrageous :D

I have 2 cup 2nd hand pavoni for sale if anyone interested.

Ah - a man of few words.

What is it? What's it like? Does it percolate? - go on ... GIVE US A CLUE?

R

Glad I'm not holding my breath . . . <_<

R

The photo you posted the Italian stove top type one i have seen them in the kitchen shop in nathon on the left about 50ish meters before you get to the big kassikorn bank.

The better quality ones are made by bialetti and cost around 2-3 000 in thailand (remember seeing them in central shopping mall in bkk) however the one (of several they had in stock) i spotted in nathon about 6 months ago was a non brand one and was a 6 cup not a two. cost was 900b i think.

good luck.

The photo you posted the Italian stove top type one i have seen them in the kitchen shop in nathon on the left about 50ish meters before you get to the big kassikorn bank.

The better quality ones are made by bialetti and cost around 2-3 000 in thailand (remember seeing them in central shopping mall in bkk) however the one (of several they had in stock) i spotted in nathon about 6 months ago was a non brand one and was a 6 cup not a two. cost was 900b i think.

good luck.

Ooof - that's expensive! I think I'm going to buy from EBay. The one below is 600B including postage.

Thanks for all the input everybody!

Cheers

R

post-4665-0-85029600-1305778251_thumb.jp

No problem. Just to let you know the non brand ones are made quite flimsy and i'm not sure how long it will last. Also they are cast aluminium so it wont work on an induction hob. All this talk of coffee made me dust off my Bialetti, makes good coffee but so strong any more than 2 and i start to get the shakes.

Oh and if any one is interested i have Arabica Beans from Chiang Mai I get them posted direct from the farmer PM me if you fancy some.

good luck.

Ooof - that's expensive! I think I'm going to buy from EBay. The one below is 600B including postage.

Cheers

R

OH good news and bad news... ;)

I think the shop that williamrobson mentioned is Chaokoh, just up from the 7-11 as you come out of Nanthon towards Maenam...(the newer road from the ferry) ....but turn right, back toward Nanthon, then 50 meters on the left.... on the ring road. (is that clear???) :unsure:

They have the one you pictured in two sizes, the larger one I am pretty certain was 550 baht... I just happen by there today and thought would check them out... (also there is a huge hardware store next door which you would never know was there, I think part of the same store...

The Kitchen shop actually has some nice stuff in there... as to compared with some places... Also had the hand press coffee thingies too, but they were in the 1500 baht range...

The bad news is for Mr Joe! he won't be able to make an outrageous markup! :D:bah:

good luck.

Cheers

R

I think the shop that williamrobson mentioned is Chaokoh, just up from the 7-11 as you come out of Nanthon towards Maenam...(the newer road from the ferry) ....but turn right, back toward Nanthon, then 50 meters on the left.... on the ring road. (is that clear???) :unsure:

They have the one you pictured in two sizes, the larger one I am pretty certain was 550 baht... I just happen by there today and thought would check them out... (also there is a huge hardware store next door which you would never know was there, I think part of the same store...

The Kitchen shop actually has some nice stuff in there... as to compared with some places... Also had the hand press coffee thingies too, but they were in the 1500 baht range...

The bad news is for Mr Joe! he won't be able to make an outrageous markup! :D:bah:

Nice one Jimbo! (Hold the PayPal purchase!)

I know the man who runs this shop: did some translation work for his son. It is indeed "Chakoh" - he is of the same family that owns the huge restaurant/computer shop (same name) directly opposite the old ferry pier.

(It's the hardware shop, heading towards Nathon, immediately after the 7-11 past the seafront road where the songthiews go to get to Nathon (that heads past the fish factory with the St. Bernards) and hooks round past the customs house and by the new ferry pier.....?)

I will explore further.

Much obliged!

R

good luck.

Cheers

R

Nice one Jimbo! (Hold the PayPal purchase!)

I know the man who runs this shop: did some translation work for his son. It is indeed "Chakoh" - he is of the same family that owns the huge restaurant/computer shop (same name) directly opposite the old ferry pier.

(It's the hardware shop, heading towards Nathon, immediately after the 7-11 past the seafront road where the songthiews go to get to Nathon (that heads past the fish factory with the St. Bernards) and hooks round past the customs house and by the new ferry pier.....?)

I will explore further.

Much obliged!

R

No problem! That's two beers please!:D

Just cannot place a computer shop near the Pier, it's funny what one finds by chance sometimes... I saw driving through Nanton yesterday that there is a Department Store... did not have time to stop & see, but never noticed that before.... perhaps 2/3 rds down from Tesco ..... anyone ever been there?

Hope the coffee maker works out!

No problem! That's two beers please!:D

Just cannot place a computer shop near the Pier, it's funny what one finds by chance sometimes... I saw driving through Nanton yesterday that there is a Department Store... did not have time to stop & see, but never noticed that before.... perhaps 2/3 rds down from Tesco ..... anyone ever been there?

Hope the coffee maker works out!

Yes indeed that's Samui's very own department store AND for a long time it was the only building in the island with a lift! (But it's almost at the end of the main street by the Thai Farmers Bank)

Chaokoh (opp ferry) runs right through to the middle road, as do several of these big old buildings. The seaward side is a run-down cafe, but the back end is a computer sales and repair shop.

2 beards it is! :coffee1:

R

Yes, Samui Mart.

Has good baby stuff.

http://samui.50megs.com/samuimart.html

good luck.

Cheers

R

i will just have to increase the markup to obscene levels to make up for it

Yes, Samui Mart.

Has good baby stuff.

http://samui.50megs.com/samuimart.html

Ah! we'll have to mention that to Big C.... he must be about due to have his baby soon? :D

Big thanks to all the help here -

BUT -

found this today for 4,000B. I was about to spend 2000 on some kind of jug - but this popped up for 4,000B.

If I can't make coffee with this then I'm giving up!

R

post-4665-0-53800300-1306502545_thumb.jp

Big thanks to all the help here -

BUT -

found this today for 4,000B. I was about to spend 2000 on some kind of jug - but this popped up for 4,000B.

If I can't make coffee with this then I'm giving up!

R

So do tell .... where did you find it? :) Was it at the Chaokoh Shop, in Nanthon? Sure different than what you where previously looking for...:blink:

When's the coffee party then?:D