Hi everyone,

I need some information here. I need to change my visa type Non-Ed to Non-B as i am going to run a company (2millions Capital Registered) with my thai friends. Mine is like 34% share holding and i am the only foreigner. What kind of documents i would need or where do i submit all these documents and how. Thank you so much for u guyz help.

Zaggie

[email protected]

Well - what I would do is obtain my work permit now with my ED entry permit. With work permit, I could now travel to Penang, and most likely obtain a one-year multiple-entry Class B visa.

Or - if your employer has sufficient registered capital, sufficient Thai employees, and is withholding personal income tax from you at a high enough salary rate, you can extend your present entry permit on the baisis of "qualifying employment for a qualifying employer."

You are getting an "extension of a non-immigrant entry permit, on the basis of employment." It does not matter what the original basis for that entry permit was.

The fact that the original non-immigrant entry permit was for study is immaterial - once you get an employment-based extension, you are no longer dependent upon maintaining ED status.

The last time we actually did this for someone was in early 2004 - I doubt that there have been any policy changes. I will recheck next week to be sure.

Cheers!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

• 6 months later...