Form For Bringing Money In.

I just sent a chunk of money into Thailand, which the bank promptly locked up until I came to the bank to sign some forms.

I was under the understanding that I would get an official proof of the money sent in, so that if I wish to send it out again I show that proof. I had an idea this was a tor tor sam or similar name ??

My bank clearly knew nothing about this or any other proof or form. After MUCH insistence they photocopied some sketchy looking low quality fax, stating fund remittance (with a big 'hold' stamped over it also) and maintain theres no form to issue. This isnt some bank in the boonies who have never met a farang either, its a major branch of Kasikorn in Chiang Mai.

What precisely do I ask for, whats it called in Thai ??

Edited by LivinLOS

In what currency was the money transferred to Thailand? Depending upon the amount that was transferred in, the bank will either automatically exchange it into THB or, issue a foreign exchange document, and hold the money until you tell the bank when you want the money exchanged.

It was sent in usd and it was a 6 digit chunk (of USD) so should easily get the forms..

The bank held it under a block until I gave them another copy of my passport.. But they didnt know anything about a foreign exchange transfer form, or a tor tor 3.. And just did that smile, look semi freaked out, and if possible walk away from the awkward farang asking strange questions routine.

They did photocopy a rough looking fax which is just a kind of credit advice / receipt (which says the money is under a hold) and even that was odd to get.. The money is in OK, but the paperwork doesnt seem right.

I emailed kasikorn customer support also this morning, and they normally respond quickly, but so far no word.

There was a very recent thread in this forum about someone in exactly your position - but dealing with the bangkok bank .... it would have been within the past 2 weeks

Your need to request a foreign exchange transaction form, and if you google on that term you will find more details and quite possibily locate an actual copy of a blank FETF form to show the bank

There was a very recent thread in this forum about someone in exactly your position - but dealing with the bangkok bank .... it would have been within the past 2 weeks

Your need to request a foreign exchange transaction form, and if you google on that term you will find more details and quite possibily locate an actual copy of a blank FETF form to show the bank

I use Siam branch Kbank and they have the forging exchange transferform that is sent to them from the head office. I always get a copy of thatwith bank verify it with signature and bank stamp and never had any problem

I will work with Kasikorn head office and see if they cant pass it down.

The branch I dealt with seem to have minimal english and while my awful Thai can handle basics this wasnt working out.

Worst case my lawyer can push it.

Sure it depends on which Katsikorn branch office you are dealing with. Once trying to send money abroad, the problems at my small upcountry branch office were unsurmountable, so I drove down to the local main branch office in Phuket, where the whole thing went through in 15 minutes.

Sure it depends on which Katsikorn branch office you are dealing with. Once trying to send money abroad, the problems at my small upcountry branch office were unsurmountable, so I drove down to the local main branch office in Phuket, where the whole thing went through in 15 minutes.

My problems were with Pattaya Klang branch, one of their main branches.