Ex-PM Thaksin's Sister Yingluck Is Thai Opposition's PM Candidate

webfact

Interesting. Personally I'm very happy that they did not select one of the old dinosaurs, even though of course they're very much there in the background. Same for the other parties of course.

It would probably be good for Thailand and the prospect of reconciliation if she won, but that's personal opinion. We will know more after the election.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Interesting. Personally I'm very happy that they did not select one of the old dinosaurs, even though of course they're very much there in the background. Same for the other parties of course.

It would probably be good for Thailand and the prospect of reconciliation if she won, but that's personal opinion. We will know more after the election.

I can agree with much of what you say, especially about the dinos.

I just think if her brother wasn't there like a black cloud, his sense of reconciliation will not match that of most other players.

She COULD be a breath of fresh air if not for the clan baggage.

But that is not the case.

Yes we will know more after the election.

If she does start working for the country, then fair play,

but if it all comes down to salvaging Thaksin then I can assume trouble will ensue. It would be naive to assume otherwise.

That doesn't mean a coup necessarily, but I doubt it will be pretty,

or good for the average Thai.

Edited by animatic

when its all over and Abhisit is re-elected, Yunglick is going to regret ever listening to her doting brother

she is blinded by that faith in her brother but when the dust settles she will be burned out and washed up

this is the Sara Palin debacle all over again

she will be the direct cause that's sited in defeat by Phua Thai for the reds failure to launch

she will bear the brunt of the reds anger.

the huge losses they will incur by this cynical, nepotistic act by the Shinwatra clan may finally be the point where Phua Thai and their red supporters can finally break away from the spectre of Thaksin

Thaksin is paying for this election bid, after paying for and losing the red revolutionary bid.

when they lose this election, and lose it they will, there will be only one man to blame for it

i hope he is blamed into total obscurity by his own people ...........

IMO not exactly like Sara Pailin

Yingluck Shinawatra running for PM is kind of like

Bin Laddens sister running for Mayor of New York City

Comment from my Thai Wifes father

"What has Thailand come to when our Red shirt son's will take orders from a Woman"

"We used to be a proud race, what next a Lady boy for PM"

Maybe it's exactly for that reason why Thailand needs a female Prime Minister? And if a Ladyboy ran for PM, and won, why not? It's not about gender, sexuality or looks that make a good PM, it's her or his actions.

Which is why you want to vote for her because she is cute???

A complete contradiction for earlier posts today.

Now suddenly it's about competence, not cuteness.

She should debate Abhisit to show she is CAPABLE of going one to one with the likes of Hun Sen.

Abhisit will be MUCH nicer to dispute with.

The Thai definition of Democracy = The freedom to buy votes

Nixon would have been kicked out had he not quit first. In Thailand the military does the impeaching saving time and money.

The title of this topic "Ex-PM Thaksin's Sister Yingluck Is Thai Opposition's PM Candidate" is a bit misleading. Whereas Ms. Yingluck is the opposition party PTP's PM candidate, she's not the opposition's candidate. I know the PTP is the largest opposition party, but not the only one.

Strictly speaking I'm not even sure you can talk about oppositions parties with the House dissolved and all parties going for new elections and striving for a better position after :ermm: