Fortune Dental Clinic

SwaziBird

Can't find any current postings on this 3-branch dental practice in Chiang Mai.

Perhaps someone might be kind enough to let me know which branch/dentist provided you with valuable service ( if, at all !)

Thanks a lot. Will appreciate your replies.

Cheers.

I went to Fortune Dental once (Huay Kaew at Canal location) for a cleaning, about 4 years ago. They told me I had a cavity that needed to be filled immediately. I've been to about 5 other dentists since then. None of them have found a cavity in that tooth.

I went to Fortune Dental once (Huay Kaew at Canal location) for a cleaning, about 4 years ago. They told me I had a cavity that needed to be filled immediately. I've been to about 5 other dentists since then. None of them have found a cavity in that tooth.

Thanks el jefe. Appreciated.

Surprised that no-one else has jumped in to share any experience. I suppose that speaks for itself. Can't be too farang patronised (?)

Cheers.

I am afraid my experience with them was not good. The doctor spoke practically no English and he seemed preoccupied...

The bridge work was adequate although there was an infection that needed to be treated after the work was done

I do not recommend them. :blink:

Empress Dental Clinic on the Canal Road towards Hang Dong is one dentist I would recommend.

My family and I have been using this clinic for a couple of years.

The dentist, Dr Jarunne, graduated from Germany, speaks excellent English and is genuinely friendly.

Empress Dental Clinic on the Canal Road towards Hang Dong is one dentist I would recommend.

The dentist, Dr Jarunne, graduated from Germany, speaks excellent English and is genuinely friendly.

Could someone post a Google Map position of the Empress? Their map is a bit too rough to find it on that busy section of road when you're driving. ;)

I don't know if they are still there or not but Dr. Jarunee used to have 2 or 3 signs out on the road telling how many meters until you approach the clinic. I think they were in Thai only.

Indeed she is very kind and friendly and I believe that she speaks German too.

Edited by elektrified

Could someone post a Google Map position of the Empress? Their map is a bit too rough to find it on that busy section of road when you're driving. ;)

There is a large sign on the left for a golf driving range the clinic is the first in a parade of shops after that which includes a 711,coffee shop and a very good pet shop.

The next set of traffic lights just beyond the parade of shops is the turn off to Royal Flora.

I also have not had good experiences with Fortune.

Edited by Thailand

As in any place in the world, buyer beware. With that said:

I go to Fortune dental and have had mixed results. It all depends on the doctor you see, and they have a bunch. Many of them are on the faculty at Chiang Mai University.

I've seen a young female dentist there who has done some check-ups, cleanings, and fillings. Her English is adequate and her work is good.

I've also have had work done by one of the top dentists at Fortune, and the work was pretty shoddy. The guy seemed distracted. He's worked on me twice and I will not have him work on me again. He probably is a good administrator and maybe a good educator, but I don't want him working in my mouth again.

I''ve also had work done by Dr. Sitthichai. Excellent English, seems to be very caring. The work I've had done so far is as good as any that my dentist in the U.S. has done. He seems to be very professional.

Prices are slightly less than the other dental office (Empress) mentioned in this thread. Prices for "senior" dentists are more costly than the "junior" dentists.

So, I'd recommend Fortune because they have more that one office to serve you. They have modern, up-to-date facilities, and the office staff are friendly. Some speak English better than others, but take it slow and you can converse. However, you'll need to pick and choose among the doctors until you find a dentist who suits you. They have a list of dentists who work for them on their website (Google: Fortune Dental Chiang Mai). So for me, I'm pretty happy with the young dentist doing general procedures and specifically asking for Dr. Sitthichai for more complicated procedures. I'll get the young dentist's name. I've actually got an appointment with her this week.

Hope this helps.

As in any place in the world, buyer beware. With that said:

I go to Fortune dental and have had mixed results. It all depends on the doctor you see, and they have a bunch. Many of them are on the faculty at Chiang Mai University.

I've seen a young female dentist there who has done some check-ups, cleanings, and fillings. Her English is adequate and her work is good.

I've also have had work done by one of the top dentists at Fortune, and the work was pretty shoddy. The guy seemed distracted. He's worked on me twice and I will not have him work on me again. He probably is a good administrator and maybe a good educator, but I don't want him working in my mouth again.

I''ve also had work done by Dr. Sitthichai. Excellent English, seems to be very caring. The work I've had done so far is as good as any that my dentist in the U.S. has done. He seems to be very professional.

Prices are slightly less than the other dental office (Empress) mentioned in this thread. Prices for "senior" dentists are more costly than the "junior" dentists.

So, I'd recommend Fortune because they have more that one office to serve you. They have modern, up-to-date facilities, and the office staff are friendly. Some speak English better than others, but take it slow and you can converse. However, you'll need to pick and choose among the doctors until you find a dentist who suits you. They have a list of dentists who work for them on their website (Google: Fortune Dental Chiang Mai). So for me, I'm pretty happy with the young dentist doing general procedures and specifically asking for Dr. Sitthichai for more complicated procedures. I'll get the young dentist's name. I've actually got an appointment with her this week.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much, connda, for your comprehensive and informative post. Very much appreciated.Look forward to your update. Thank you to others as well. Am getting the picture about this dental practice which will stand me in good stead.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

By the way, I've given up on Fortune Dental and have now gone to Elite Smile out side of Pantip Plaza. Elite Smile has a very professional staff, the work is excellent, and everyone seems to speak excellent English. I'm very happy with Elite.Smile

i will never go back to Fortune.

By the way, I've given up on Fortune Dental and have now gone to Elite Smile out side of Pantip Plaza. Elite Smile has a very professional staff, the work is excellent, and everyone seems to speak excellent English. I'm very happy with Elite.Smile

i will never go back to Fortune.

Another Dental Clinic to consider is Grace Dental Clinic, on Soi 11, Nimmanhaemin Road. You can look them up on-line to see their prices. I have used them for the past three years and have had excellent results.

I use Grace Dental. A little more expensive by Thai standards (embarrasingly cheap by Farang standards) but I look at it this way - you only get one set of teeth so it is better to pay a little more and be assured of quality.

"(embarrasingly cheap by Farang standards)"...I've seen a couple of TV members post comments like this about this place and I totally disagree. I don't know where some of you people go for dental care in the USA but I used to go to good Dentists in Los Angeles that were less expensive than the above mentioned dental clinic. There are many other quality practitioners in C.M. offering much more reasonable treatment.

I use Grace Dental. A little more expensive by Thai standards (embarrasingly cheap by Farang standards) but I look at it this way - you only get one set of teeth so it is better to pay a little more and be assured of quality.

"(embarrasingly cheap by Farang standards)"...I've seen a couple of TV members post comments like this about this place and I totally disagree. I don't know where some of you people go for dental care in the USA but I used to go to good Dentists in Los Angeles that were less expensive than the above mentioned dental clinic. There are many other quality practitioners in C.M. offering much more reasonable treatment.

I went there when I first moved here - good but not great...

After a year here I would say they are embarrassingly expensive for Chiang Mai...

I now go to Elite Smile - at Pantip

After a year here I would say they are embarrassingly expensive for Chiang Mai...

I can not see how a 40 minute teeth cleaning by a periodontist who is a university professor for 1200 baht ($40) is embarrassingly expensive? I have friends who remind me they only pay 600 baht at other dentists but then advise me they were in and out in 10 minutes and felt their teeth were not properly cleaned...... Sorry to say but the truth is it is not possible to get a dentist to give even a quick teeth cleaning in Los Angeles for less than $100.....

I can not see how a 40 minute teeth cleaning by a periodontist who is a university professor for 1200 baht ($40) is embarrassingly expensive? I have friends who remind me they only pay 600 baht at other dentists but then advise me they were in and out in 10 minutes and felt their teeth were not properly cleaned...... Sorry to say but the truth is it is not possible to get a dentist to give even a quick teeth cleaning in Los Angeles for less than $100.....

I have had my teeth cleaned at both Grace & Elite Dental - 1,200 & 600 respectively...

The quality and professionalism was the same...

Are you really comparing LA to CM?? i can get my teeth cleaned in NYC for far less than $100 and, actually, not much more than at Grace.

Grace is fine and I can't knock their work. But as for cleanings, I go to the dentist who used to work at Grace and now has her own clinic. She charges slightly less than the rates at Grace and you know who you are getting. With Grace's constantly changing roster of dentists, you never know which one you'll get.

Sorry to say but my dentist in Los Angeles who is an Associate Professor at U.S.C. charges way less than US $100.00 for a thorough cleaning. You are just not going to the right places. Beverly Hills maybe...

One should really compare apples with apples.

There appears to be two types of cleaning here.

A. Regular cleaning.Average price 600 baht any decent clinic. About 15-20 mins., and

B. "deep" cleaning . Average price 1,200 baht, any decent clinic. About 40 mins.

I agree that these charges are cheap compared to "western" dentists.

Trouble is that the "Deep" cleaning is recommended far too often and frequently. It should be reserved only for a build-up of scale and tartar.It is also somewhat more uncomfortable to receive.

Up to you.

Cheers.

Edited by SwaziBird