Termites In A Wall

Aforek

Hello

I rent a new house in Cha am, and I have already seen some termites in very small holes made by them in the joint of the tiles in the bathroom; I have filled up the holes, they don't appear anymore, but I know they are still somewhere

termites in a wall, do you think there is danger for the rest of the house ?

in doing some cleaning outside the house, I have seen also termites at the foot of the exterior wall.

do you know a good compagny around Cha am or Hua Hin to see and check the house ?

I told the neighbors and the owners that I have seen termites in and outside the house, but they don't seem to care; I think they are not conscious of the danger

What do you think ? Thank you :wai:

Is your house made of wood? I wouldn't think you would find termites in a cement block wall.

termites can live for months or years in concrete only

one of my houses, purchased brand new and completed, dont own it anymore, replaced tiles on patio with granite. Termites where living underneath tiles

OP you can spray it yourself, use cans and enter tip into wholes in tiles, or hire a pest controller

Is your house made of wood? I wouldn't think you would find termites in a cement block wall.

one of my houses, purchased brand new and completed, dont own it anymore, replaced tiles on patio with granite. Termites where living underneath tiles

OP you can spray it yourself, use cans and enter tip into wholes in tiles, or hire a pest controller

exact, termites can travel in concrete; not much wood in this house, windows are in aluminium; only stairs and 3 doors are in wood; I have filled up the holes already, and they are very small; yesterday, I went with the owner at the foot of the external wall, where I saw termites; he told me to dig around the wall and to throw in the ground water and washing powder; he says that he did it already in other occasions, it kills the termites because it's a poison for them.

PS: "OP you can spray it yourself, use cans and enter tip into wholes in tiles, or hire a pest controller"

English is not my language, I see often "OP" in this forum; I think it's initials: what does it mean ? Thanks

Edited by Molamka

exact, termites can travel in concrete; not much wood in this house, windows are in aluminium; only stairs and 3 doors are in wood; I have filled up the holes already, and they are very small; yesterday, I went with the owner at the foot of the external wall, where I saw termites; he told me to dig around the wall and to throw in the ground water and washing powder; he says that he did it already in other occasions, it kills the termites because it's a poison for them.

PS: "OP you can spray it yourself, use cans and enter tip into wholes in tiles, or hire a pest controller"

English is not my language, I see often "OP" in this forum; I think it's initials: what does it mean ? Thanks

Means "Original Poster".

If you only rent the house and the owners don't care, why should you ? :rolleyes:

I guess the danger is they could spread to inside the house and start eating furniture and other items of interest. I had an infestation of them in a modern condo I was renting in Singapore and they ate the contents of boxes (and the boxes) of papers (certificates, photos etc) in one of my spare wardrobes. Didn't know they were there until it was too late. Nuke the little suckers as soon as you can!

kalbow

If you only rent the house and the owners don't care, why should you ? :rolleyes:

I guess the danger is they could spread to inside the house and start eating furniture and other items of interest. I had an infestation of them in a modern condo I was renting in Singapore and they ate the contents of boxes (and the boxes) of papers (certificates, photos etc) in one of my spare wardrobes. Didn't know they were there until it was too late. Nuke the little suckers as soon as you can!

kalbow

yepp

they eat paper, photos, land deeds, passports and of course anything made of wood.

and as they do it in the dark, you wont notice until its to late

Nuke them regularely or loose most of your docs