Free Vodka With Your Meal...

I was there on 9th of May. I had borsch (beet soup). It tasted just as common borsch in Russia, but as the one which was put in refridgerator yesterday and warmed up today. I prefer fresh, but it's the matter of taste. Vodka is cold and does no taste like bad or cheap.

Also nobody mentioned that in ТРОЙКА for vodka you get salted cucumber (pickles) and small sandwich made of bread and smoked bacon. This is a must for vodka and it is dam_n good.

The place is nice, but small. And I prefer indian restaurant in Maenam for everyday meal although I'm Russian :)

Edited by PavelGubarev

I was there on 9th of May. I had borsch (beet soup). It tasted just as common borsch in Russia, but as the one which was put in refridgerator yesterday and warmed up today. I prefer fresh, but it's the matter of taste. Vodka is cold and does no taste like bad or cheap.

Also nobody mentioned that in ТРОЙКА for vodka you get salted cucumber (pickles) and small sandwich made of bread and smoked bacon. This is a must for vodka and it is dam_n good.

The place is nice, but small. And I prefer indian restaurant in Maenam for everyday meal although I'm Russian :)

that sounds fuc_king delicious. i don't need a meal with the vodka, just a plate of that please.

It was written Free Vodka in Russian for months now, the English sign is recent.

I have noticed this place before but wasn't so interested as I worked a long time in former soviet union and had my fill of russian vodka.

":drunk:"

I think the owner is doing what he can to drum up buisness and am thinking now to stop in and check it out.

Edited by KTD

It was written Free Vodka in Russian for months now, the English sign is recent.

I have noticed this place before but wasn't so interested as I worked a long time in former soviet union and had my fill of russian vodka.

":drunk:"

I think the owner is doing what he can to drum up buisness and am thinking now to stop in and check it out.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, Hope the Vodka's not an anti-freeze derivative eh. ;)

The pelmeni wasn't like I was used to but I was still happy to have it and will probably get it next time as well. It's just one of those simple things in life I love.

The snacks with the vodka came only the first time which for me is fine. I like my vodka just like my tequila - straight up without the side show.

is that the russian place, just on your left as you leave makro and head towards tesco?

That would be it. Granted, if you don't like Russian food or vodka then it probably isn't a good deal for you. But we ended up with at least 700 baht worth of free alcohol (assuming 100 baht/shot).

btw - we didn't have to ask the waitress for more. She would just bring the bottle by every so often and give us a refill. Much like the free refills we'd get back home on coffee or tea.

asuume 250 baht a bottle for gut rotting crap, realitci cost 15 baht a shot, sprack to cathch a mackeral. contessa or select vodka do the maths 700 baht free drinks not a chance.

Edited by NALAK

is that the russian place, just on your left as you leave makro and head towards tesco?

That would be it. Granted, if you don't like Russian food or vodka then it probably isn't a good deal for you. But we ended up with at least 700 baht worth of free alcohol (assuming 100 baht/shot).

btw - we didn't have to ask the waitress for more. She would just bring the bottle by every so often and give us a refill. Much like the free refills we'd get back home on coffee or tea.

asuume 250 baht a bottle for gut rotting crap, realitci cost 15 baht a shot, sprack to cathch a mackeral. contessa or select vodka do the maths 700 baht free drinks not a chance.

First of all, every freaking business on the planet has a mark up on what they sell. That's how making money is done. Duh.

Second, "gut rotting crap"? Three posters have already written the vodka was in fact good. At least two of us know what we're talking about. No offense to the third intended.

Third, check it out for yourself and if you still feel like it as waste, at least you will be able to claim to have an informed opinion. Might as well try something new for a change.- - I am of course talking about the vodka. ;)

Edited by koheesti