ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

I just spoke to my lad who's a Blue and I just laughed until I followed through....

I think it's a very good bet your lad has much more class than you biggrin.png

I doubt that and, I doubt he can view so many trophies in the cabinet either...... Unless the Legion had a darts run in the 80's maybe, and the 90's too.. wink.png

I was talking about the bit where HD mentioned that he laughed until he "followed through". Or do you consider that to be class?

LOL, I consider it to be a joke ol chap....... ;)

redrus

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I doubt that and, I doubt he can view so many trophies in the cabinet either...... Unless the Legion had a darts run in the 80's maybe, and the 90's too.. wink.png

I was talking about the bit where HD mentioned that he laughed until he "followed through". Or do you consider that to be class?

LOL, I consider it to be a joke ol chap....... wink.png

redrus

But I know HD personally tongue.png

LOL, I consider it to be a joke ol chap....... wink.png

redrus

But I know HD personally tongue.png

Then for the first time since last year, you have me at a disadvantage.... ;)

redrus

Albeit you still have the highest attendance, your crowds seem to be declining.

Manchester United declare attendances far higher than police figures

Manchester United are adding as many as 24,000 fans on to crowd attendances compared with the actual number of people watching games at Old Trafford, according to police data.

Sir Alex Ferguson's team have not had a single crowd over 70,000 for a league match, police say, not taking in Monday's game against Manchester City. The club, in contrast, recorded attendances in excess of 75,000 every time. Instead Greater Manchester police's figures claim the average crowd for league matches, excluding City, is 10,000 below what the club say. The police records state it is 65,601 rather than the official figure of 75,527. In all competitions it is 61,739 rather than the club's 73,653.

United are still the best-supported club in England by some distance but the new set of figures claim Old Trafford was not even half-full for the Capital One Cup tie against Newcastle in September. The police recorded the number of people who passed through the turnstiles at 33,409. United gave the crowd as 46,358. In the next round, against West Ham, the disparity was even bigger. The police put down the crowd as 51,724, whereas United recorded it as 71,081.

more;- http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/12/manchester-united-attendances-police-figures

Manchester United are adding as many as 24,000 fans on to crowd attendances compared with the actual number of people watching games at Old Trafford, according to police data.

Sir Alex Ferguson's team have not had a single crowd over 70,000 for a league match, police say, not taking in Monday's game against Manchester City. The club, in contrast, recorded attendances in excess of 75,000 every time. Instead Greater Manchester police's figures claim the average crowd for league matches, excluding City, is 10,000 below what the club say. The police records state it is 65,601 rather than the official figure of 75,527. In all competitions it is 61,739 rather than the club's 73,653.

United are still the best-supported club in England by some distance but the new set of figures claim Old Trafford was not even half-full for the Capital One Cup tie against Newcastle in September. The police recorded the number of people who passed through the turnstiles at 33,409. United gave the crowd as 46,358. In the next round, against West Ham, the disparity was even bigger. The police put down the crowd as 51,724, whereas United recorded it as 71,081.

more;- http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/12/manchester-united-attendances-police-figures

Totally amazing that, you can scan the crowd at say the Liverpool game where they stat was 7000 under capacity but tickets are like hens teeth and touts sell at a premium and you will not see a empty seat, maybe proves we are the best at jibbing in biggrin.png

For me i could not give a rats ar*e and hope all the glory hunting <deleted> whio buy half and half scarves piss off over to eastlands or who ever they want to go cling too, and it hurts the Glazers pockets and the club reduces the over inflated prices to attract the genuine fans back.

If this is true biggrin.png but it is hard to take anything the police say as gospel we are well and truly in declinetongue.png

Totally amazing that, you can scan the crowd at say the Liverpool game where they stat was 7000 under capacity but tickets are like hens teeth and touts sell at a premium and you will not see a empty seat, maybe proves we are the best at jibbing in biggrin.png

For me i could not give a rats ar*e and hope all the glory hunting <deleted> whio buy half and half scarves piss off over to eastlands or who ever they want to go cling too, and it hurts the Glazers pockets and the club reduces the over inflated prices to attract the genuine fans back.

If this is true biggrin.png but it is hard to take anything the police say as gospel we are well and truly in declinetongue.png

I think most clubs use the amount of season tickets sold in their attendance figures, whether the ticket holder turns up or not. I was just surprised at some of the figures.

Before the last extention to your ground, Man United mates of mine used to tell me about how people were getting grassed up for repeatedley not turning up for games and many had their season ticket renewals refused, such was the demand for tickets. It seems that your grounds current capacity is sufficient to meet the current demand.

No decline today please chaps. smile.png

Do you think United will field a first choice team? I hope so but I'm not so sure.

If they don't I'm going to visit Khon Kaen and find them......no I'm going to hunt them down....wherever they are. wink.png

Van Persie hat-trick please chaps! w00t.gif

Do you think United will field a first choice team? I hope so but I'm not so sure.

If they don't I'm going to visit Khon Kaen and find them......no I'm going to hunt them down....wherever they are. wink.png

Fergie will field a strong team we have a good record down there, we will try and win and help spurs but if you keep dropping silly points us winning there might not be enough for you chapswink.png

Fergie will field a strong team we have a good record down there, we will try and win and help spurs but if you keep dropping silly points us winning there might not be enough for you chapswink.png

Roger Roj! thumbsup.gif

DDG

RAFAEL FERDINAND VIDIC EVRA

VALENCIA CLEVERLY JONES WELLBECK/kagawa

RVP ROONEY

Strong enough for you smokie?

Carrick?

He does have a knock nev along with Evans be surprised if Fergus plays either today.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't even beat a knackered Chelsea team at home and if some of that "talent" who were on display last night is your future, then next season won't be so bright for your lot.

That Cleverley has a shot on him!!

He almost destroyed the Shed End single handedlycheesy.gif

Can't even beat a knackered Chelsea team at home and if some of that "talent" who were on display last night is your future, then next season won't be so bright for your lot.

Yeah, I chuckled at that myself. laugh.png

Ouch! clap2.gif

There ain't many of them around at the moment are there smokes biggrin.png

Ouch! clap2.gif

There ain't many of them around at the moment are there smokes biggrin.png

They know we are waiting for 'em....rubbish firm that lot are mrboj....laugh.png

Although the best team won, I have not seen such diving performances at Old Trafford since the days of C. Ronaldo.

4 maybe 5 of the diving Chelsea players should have received a yellow card.

Thankfully none of them resulted in a goal.

Again, nothing to say about the result.

He must have a shot on him if he can hit the shed end from manchesterblink.png

Sorry but we have won the league, foot of the gas so to speak, sad really as i wanted us to put on a show but as soon as i see the team sheet i knew we would struggle, also if spurs don't make champions league Bale will move to usthumbsup.gif

He must have a shot on him if he can hit the shed end from manchesterblink.png

It was pretty horrific, nevcheesy.gif, though admittedly I got a bit confused. Not used to Old Trafford and Webb meaning defeat for United.... force of habittongue.png

I am sure he will come good one day, along with the the rest of your youngsters. It was Scholes on the bench last night?giggle.gif And Giggs started?whistling.gif

Carry On!!

Edited by JacknDanny