Parking Infringements In The Night Bazaar

dickyknee

It might not be news to some, but it was the first time i've seen parking infringements handed out in chiang mai.

Early last night in fact, for parking on Chang Clan road the BIB were going through taping infringements to all parked cars and motorbikes.

Today, i was in the Subway Sandwich shop. the lady informed me if you need to park there is parking behind undercover (entrance near dukes). buy a sandwich and they will stamp your ticket for 1 hour free parking. not sure if applies to the other shops there, but i guess it could.I've always parked my bike on the road when getting a take-away feed, so it's good news to know how to avoid the infringement.

Edited by dickyknee

Thanks for the informative post! I've had my motorbike ticketed there at approximately 3pm on a work day, a few months ago. I parked to get some take out from McDonalds and came out to find a ticket taped to my motorbike seat, along with several other motorbikes.

-Mestizo

Thanks for the informative post! I've had my motorbike ticketed there at approximately 3pm on a work day, a few months ago. I parked to get some take out from McDonalds and came out to find a ticket taped to my motorbike seat, along with several other motorbikes.

-Mestizo

I think it's fair enough for them to tape a ticket to your motorbike seat, but taping several other motorbikes to it is a bit much......