Tourist Visa Options From London

Hi,

For the first time in a long time I need to come in on a tourist visa while I am in a 'transitional stage'.

Currently in England. Returning to Thailand end of May.

Need to basically get as long as I can out of a tourist visa while I sort out some affairs.

I don't even know the basics of this, as the rules seem to change every 10 minutes and I have virtually always had a Non-Im B until now.

So, I apologise for asking dumb questions.

Can I apply for a multi-entry tourist visa at the Thai consulate London (is that 60+30 days?), or do I have to get the visa on arrival (is that 30 days?)? Is there currently a charge to get the visa issued at the consulate?

My passport doesn't show any previous tourist visas, just non-im B and extensions of stay based on business.

I am not local to London or any other consulate, so have to be sure I am not wasting my time by traveling there.

Thanks for any help or advice, and sorry to no doubt be repeating previously asked and answered questions.

TD

Having just read another recent post, looks like best bet is to apply for a multi entry tourist visa via post @ Birmingham. cheers.

If you get a double entry tourist visa you can get 60 days on entry and then extend that by 30 days at immigration for 1900 baht. so each entry will give you 60+30 = 90 days. You'll then need to do a border run to activate the next entry.

Without a visa you'll get 30 days by air or 15 days by land entry.

Thanks Charlie.

On the application form for the Birmingham consulate, it states that single, multiple, and treble entires may be applied for. I have never heard of the treble entry before, but it might best suit my purposes. Has anyone had any issues applying for this visa? In any case I will call them tomorrow and check into it.

Cheers.

Be sure to ask the consulate about the validity of the visa itself, six months and a triple entry will work well and net you nearly 9 months in Thailand, if it's only 3 months validity anything more than a double would be wasted.

On what basis would he qualify for such a visa from Hull? He does not seem to have indicated any. Previous entry appears to have been for business.

I was thinking the same thing. It would seem that getting three 60 day triple entry visa is not a problem, stay aount of the Kingdon for a month and gaining another one does also not seem to be a problem. If that means you can get another three triple entry 60 ay visas I have yet to find out.

Unfortunately, I don't qualify for an O visa yet as I am under 50 years old, and am engaged (to a Thai), though not married.

Just called B-ham consulate they said, if I apply for the triple entry now, for example, it will be dated to Nov. 19th, so will need to leave before then and arrive just prior to Nov 19th to activate final entry.

So I suppose that if it comes to it, I could try and get 9 months out of it, if 30 day extensions at immigration are successful. Anyway, I hope by then I will have made other arrangements for a longer term visa.

Thanks for all the replies!