Non-Imm O Visa For Raising Baby But Not Married

My Thai Girlfriend is having a baby in July.

I'm here on Tourist visa under 50 years old, and have 400,000 baht in Thai Bank.

What will I need in terms of proof the baby is mine and I need to be here to raise him?

Is the Thai Birth Certificate with my name as father enough?

Any links to previous threads are welcome.

Cheers!

Thanks for your replies so far.

For the 400,000 can it be split up between 2 or 3 accounts in different thai banks. For example 100,000 in Bangkok bank and 100,000 in fixed account at Kasikorn Bank and 200,000 in savings account in Kasikorn Bank?

Or is all 400,000 required to be in a single account?

Must be in cash deposit type account in your name. Normally standard fixed deposit is accepted if cash based and access is allowed.

Thanks Lopburi :Dfor the info on fixed account.

What about splitting the 400,000 between savings accounts in 2 different banks?:huh:

Sorry that was a yes, by not saying no. Multi accounts are accepted.

The disadvantage being more bank letters required.

I'm sorry lopburi, but isn't the 400, 000 baht regulation for people being legally married? :jap:

I'm sorry lopburi, but isn't the 400, 000 baht regulation for people being legally married? :jap:

Same requirement for a Thai Wife or a Thai child.

Also for extension based on supporting a child.

From Police order 777/2551

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be dejure (legitimate) and de facto;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the family, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.