Computer Repairs On Samui

Hi folks

Can anyone recomend a computer repair person/shop they've used?

Just been back to UK for a week during which time I got a virus on my laptop. Took it to a shop where they reformatted it.

After this I've been having problems with the keyboard - can't type more than a few words before the cursor jumps ahead or behind the point I'm up to, making typing practically impossible.

Only thing I did after reformatting was to load new security centre (AVG).

Not sure if the keyboard problem is connected to the reformatting (my laptop never had this problem before) or coincidence - thus not sure if software or hardware problem.

Cheers

I've had repairs done successfully at a shop just off the ring road.

Can't remember their name but go past Tesco (Chaweng) towards Lamai, turn left at the first set of lights and the shop stands on its own 20 metres on the right hand side.

I've had repairs done successfully at a shop just off the ring road.

Can't remember their name but go past Tesco (Chaweng) towards Lamai, turn left at the first set of lights and the shop stands on its own 20 metres on the right hand side.

Yes, I heard that shop is good, there is another called Computer Rescue a bit further up the same road ... on same side, the girls there seem competent too.. and English not bad... you might want to talk to both and see which gives you a better "feel".... about doing the work.....

If you want a long term resident "farang" to do the work, (has legit business) send me a PM and I give you his number.... hourly rate much higher but no language problems!

Thanks for the replies guys.

My laptop is a Samsung R519 (not a Sony).

I'll try the two shops mentioned and let you know how I get on.

Cheers, Somchai

You can also try the shop opposite Maenam post office.Sorted out all the problems other repair people caused me.

there is a really decent thai computer repair and parts guy in the ban tai area, immediately before the old gas station and on the same side of the road. in between farmer restaurant and the gas station more or less.

he's never tried to upsell me, and always taken good care of my equipment.

Always bring my computer to Lamai, Sam Kiwifix opposite Mercure Hotel (if you want his details, just send me a pm).

He also advised me to use the free virus program Avast instead of AVG and it works perfect.

Thanks for the replies guys.

My laptop is a Samsung R519 (not a Sony).

I'll try the two shops mentioned and let you know how I get on.

Cheers, Somchai

You can also try the shop opposite Maenam post office.Sorted out all the problems other repair people caused me.

Yes, that's another one, that is generally good...

Me wonders if this should be a pinned post for reliable computer shops?

There are a number that seem to be reialble on the island... some for sorting different problems..or have hardware /software... . some make house calls...too ..... etc..

One of the ones I previously mentioned had Ram, I needed (Samui Computer Rescue) that I could not find even in BKK, even in the much generally over rated Phantip plaza! Although I do confess I did find a decent monitor, that is hard / impossible to find on Samui!

For those on KP I used to find Joy's computer in Ban Tai (KP) was good.... Thai guy, name is Paul!

Always bring my computer to Lamai, Sam Kiwifix opposite Mercure Hotel (if you want his details, just send me a pm).

He also advised me to use the free virus program Avast instead of AVG and it works perfect.

Yes, I would certainly recomend Sam,

• 1 year later...

You dont by any chance have a Sony Vaio do you as I have the same problem and thought it was just the type of keyboard they have. Would be interested to see if you manage to solve it.

I had the same problem (Acer and HP). Very annoying. But found the perfect solution. Downloaded "touchfreeze" free. Problem solved... It freezes the touchpad as soon you are starting typing.

However, I still need some help with my laptop. Any recommodations? Would prefer Chaweng or Lamai area. Any updates on above information?

Yes, I would certainly recomend Sam,

I think Sam left the island.

He's in Australia now.

You dont by any chance have a Sony Vaio do you as I have the same problem and thought it was just the type of keyboard they have. Would be interested to see if you manage to solve it.

I had the same problem (Acer and HP). Very annoying. But found the perfect solution. Downloaded "touchfreeze" free. Problem solved... It freezes the touchpad as soon you are starting typing.

However, I still need some help with my laptop. Any recommodations? Would prefer Chaweng or Lamai area. Any updates on above information?

what's the issue with your laptop?

what's the issue with your laptop?

Had to reinstall all programs. I got some stuff in Thai now (which I want to remove) and I am unable to set up my printer/scanner. I am also considering to upgrade DDR2, if possible.