Driving Schools In Phuket

rio666uk

Can someone please advise me. My thai wife wishes to take some lessons and driving test during our next holiday.

Its most likely that we will stay on Phuket for the beach part of the holiday - probably Patong. A friend of hers did lessons and passed her test in Pattaya.

Does anyone know if there are:

a: driving schools in Patong/Phuket Town?

b: cost per lesson / cost for test

c: if the driving schools offer a 1 or 2 week intensive course

thanks

PS: she can already drive a manual trans car.

a) yes there are some.. wifey1 took 10 lessons over 2 weeks then a test..

b ) really cant remember the cost but it was not a great deal.. few 1000 baht (definately under 10 but I really cant remember) for 10 x2 hour sessions.. The instructor was nice, professional, polite etc..

c) as stated she did 2 weeks then a test. Passed first time even though she really couldnt drive to be honest.. She even failed a scooter test the same day.

Edited by LivinLOS

OK Thanks LivinLOS - I did a search on google and have come up with 2 driving schools in Phuket Town, one of which has a branch in Patong, maybe the same one that you talk about.

20-hour driving course for 3,500 baht. The course comprises 10 two-hour lessons.

Taksina Driving School - Patong Branch

2/12 Phisit Karani Road, A. Kathu

(opposite Patong municipal offices)

Phuket 83150

Cheers anyway

Don't know about the driving schools but the test sure is fun!!!! It takes 2 days:

a) theory :D practical

It's great entertainment for those of us who already have a licence but total chaos for those who don't. Although, I suspect in Thai.... it probably makes perfect sense!

:o