Need Expert Opinion With My Lpg/Fuel Problem

Hello, i have installed the new automatic energy lpg on my car a month ago. It was running very good till yesterday. I have noticed it automatically switches to fuel-to-lpg-to-fuel-to-lpg number of times while driving. I went to lpg shop again and they said it's an engine problem due to lpg system as it is an old car. But when i went to my garage they said engine is perfectly alright.

i'm confused now. what could be the problem? any ideas?

thanks.

Yes, possibly a relay but seemingly something is sending a false signal to the relay in the first place, difficult to get caught up that Thai game of pass the buck but it seems the problem is in a sensor sending false signals.

I've noticed in all the installs I've seen so far that they disconnect and remove the knock sensor which doesn't make me happy instead they should tune it properly so as to allow the knock sensor it's job of preventing knocking when in fuel mode but TIT.

The last one I had they also disconnected the O2 sensor and these parts were probably already failing on older cars sending false readings to the ECU and therefore interfering with their equipment working properly so they learned a new trick to just disconnect but actually diagnosing and thinking outside the box to solve the real problems is asking too much, they just want to get you out the door, then make the claims as you've experienced.

It turned out in both cases though that the install was improperly done and after some proper tuning, adjusting and proper installation by myself those cars now run perfectly, and one has been sold to a very happy new owner..

thanks for the replies.

i still have the guarantee. due to increase of fuel price, i see lots of car converting to LPG in that shop near abac ramkhamheang. so they have less time to work on my car. My thai is not the best so explaining is also very difficult.

is there any way i can explain them visually ? wht do you say "relay" in thai?

thanks again.

Write down :- LPG รีเลย์ไม่ทำงานอย่างถูกต้อง

Copy this can't be too far out against TV rules I think but other than take a thai friend this is what I do.:D

seems like the lpg computer recieves info engine coolant is below 65C and thus changes to petrol

your comment makes lot of sense as i have noticed it's happening only during this hot weather.

does your temp gauge on dash work properly? If engine is idling and electric fan kicks in does temp gauge move?

if you have a heater and you switch it to full, does temp gauge move to indicate cooler?

Write down :- LPG รีเลย์ไม่ทำงานอย่างถูกต้อง

Copy this can't be too far out against TV rules I think but other than take a thai friend this is what I do.:D

Or even easier, รีเลย์เสียครับ (relay sia krub - the relay doesn't work)

You do have an auto/manual function yes? Have you tried using either or and still have any problems? I know it won't switch between fuels in those modes as one is locked out but for the moment it will allow you to operate the vehicle without issues and may give some ideas if you still have any symptoms..

• 3 weeks later...

^^ 'i also don't use any coolant, only water.'

I regularly use coolant in the rads of all my vehicles, secondarily because most coolants have a rust-prevention additive.

I regularly use coolant in the rads of all my vehicles, secondarily because most coolants have a rust-prevention additive.

scary to not use coolant on a LPG run vehicle. The LPG is heated by engine-coolant, and if the heater corrodes it is likely to blow up

scary to not use coolant on a LPG run vehicle. The LPG is heated by engine-coolant, and if the heater corrodes it is likely to blow up

I'd have to agree, scary and senseless, can't do anything but harm the engine not having it regardless of LPG or what not, the temps here are high enough without compounding the issue of having LPG..

Edited by WarpSpeed