I Need Urgent Advice

YuryBalyasnikov

>>One would have to believe that there is even a remote possibility that a electric bill anywhere on this planet could be twelve U.S. dollars per month.<<

...but also 10 times that or more ( his current bill is B7,400 ) is unbelievable for his small usage and life style .

If you factor in his 16,000 plus discount for Jan - Mar it's not too bad really. Using the 7 baht per kWh rate to make your point exaggerates the severity of the problem somewhat - making it look twice as bad.

Edited by tropo

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One would have to believe that there is even a remote possibility that a electric bill anywhere on this planet could be twelve U.S. dollars per month.

Well, monthly bills of less than 50 units (= 175Baht = 6USD) are waived in Thailand, and I dont suppose the government would bother having that scheme to benefit poorer families unless people actually had bills of that amount. One can also suppose that even more people would have bills between 50 and 100 units or 6USD and the 12USD you mention. I doubt that many of them live in Jomtien condos or use aircon, admittedly. Though that said I've seen some impecunious farangs loitering on Pattaya Beach Rd and begging for cigarettes that look like their electricity bill is under 12USD/month.

One would have to believe that there is even a remote possibility that a electric bill anywhere on this planet could be twelve U.S. dollars per month.

Well, monthly bills of less than 50 units (= 175Baht = 6USD) are waived in Thailand, and I dont suppose the government would bother having that scheme to benefit poorer families unless people actually had bills of that amount. One can also suppose that even more people would have bills between 50 and 100 units or 6USD and the 12USD you mention. I doubt that many of them live in Jomtien condos or use aircon, admittedly. Though that said I've seen some impecunious farangs loitering on Pattaya Beach Rd and begging for cigarettes that look like their electricity bill is under 12USD/month.

...and I don't think many living in Jomtien would be without a refrigerator. An average, small refrigerator is going to cost more than 50 units per month to run.

I think it would have been more useful for the OP to post photos of his refrigerator and air conditioning unit. I'd be interested to know more about this mysterious air conditioning unit which he runs in "safe mode" and runs at between 60 and 300W - and has a heating cycle.

All a bit variable with type, size and ambient temperature, I know, but a fridge could be used for under 50 units per month.

http://www.newcastle...rgyrunningcosts

Depends how cold you want your beer.

I doubt it.

You're using a site which provides figures for refrigerator use in the UK. I keep a digital thermometer in my room, and the ambient room temperature seldom goes below 29 C even at night. To keep food and beer refrigerated at acceptable temperatures would cost a lot more in Thailand... however even your table considers a range between 30 and 60 kWh per month.

Here's what the OP considers his REAL electricity usage to be (in kWh rounded off to the nearest unit):

Sep: 32

Oct: 41

Nov: 48

Dec: 61

Jan: 43

Feb: 72

Mar: 60

Apr: 91

May: 106

That's 554 kWh for 9 months. That's at least what you'd need to run an average fridge for 9 months.

That's the same as my average monthly bill for 2 people living in a 2 bedroom townhouse, only using one aircon at night set at 27C on low fan.

>>One would have to believe that there is even a remote possibility that a electric bill anywhere on this planet could be twelve U.S. dollars per month.<<

...but also 10 times that or more ( his current bill is B7,400 ) is unbelievable for his small usage and life style .

It's only 3,700 baht at the real rate during the hottest most humid month in Thailand. He probably ran his a/c alot cause he's from a very cold climate.

It's possible that management tacked on what they didn't charge from Jan thru Mar.

Hard to say for sure cause he qoutes facts based on photos of bills and meters that do not relate to every version of the case ('s) he has presented.

It doesn't really sound like he is getting scammed. If the owner would just get the chanote and pay all his fees the unit can finally get its real meter.

It's neither a scam nor a mistake, using Tropo's numbers and my own (small apartment, occasional aircon use) which gives around the same numbers, his expected usage is about a factor 10 off from reality.

Which is exactly what he is claiming is the "problem" with his meter.

His air conditioning bill was probably a lot lower in Siberia, while using other (non-electrical) methods of heating.

Please familiarize yourself with the whole thread before going off on a rant and ad hominem attacks.

You didn't state the price you are paying per kWh, the OP pays 7 Baht; Nor did you state how many units (kWh) your specific bills average.

Here's what the OP considers his REAL electricity usage to be (in kWh rounded off to the nearest unit):

Sep: 32

Oct: 41

Nov: 48

Dec: 61

Jan: 43

Feb: 72

Mar: 60

Apr: 91

May: 106

Sounds reasonable to you?

[edit] Seems the above rant was removed, so this doesn't make much sense anymore. Consider this a response to a flame.

Edited by Jdietz

You also seem very rude to someone who is asking for help here. In Thailand we have "Thai rak Thai" and I think you know what this is. You are the reason that many Thail people laught at farang because we see "farang mai rak farang" and it amazes us how you can be like this. If I travel to another country, I meet other Thai's and we all help each other.

You would love and help any Japanese, Chinese or Indian too? 'Farang' isn't one big country...it is a term for white foreigner. But you being Thai sure knows that. :rolleyes:

Defamatory, Racist and inflammatory posts removed from view. Enough public warnings already the thread is now

//CLOSED//

I would suggest that after the meeting on the 31st. the OP either open a new thread or he advises me and we may re open this thread by which time tempers might have cooled and any troublemakers be on holiday.

• 2 weeks later...

As promised by YuryBalyasnikov here is the outcome of his meetings. He has requested that the thread remain closed.

Hello everybody. Latest news.

I had a meeting with Iguana management in Park Lane about 10 days ago. I gave them all my information. After full investigation we agreed that there was mistake in meter reading by the managent of the Park Lane.

Today we have finially found solution that satisfied both sides.

I want to thank Eitana(top manager of Iguna) for fast and quality help.

Case is closed.

Yury Balyasnikov