Horrible Internet In My Hotel, I Want To Move Out

radiola

they are using smartzone wifi but these cocks....s are blocking all the torrents. And all download sites, like fileserve. They offered me 2mb connection, yes good speed, very good, sawadeeka, but why to use 2mb speed if you cant dowload anything

is there a mobile provider with 2mb unlimted speed that is not blocking any torrents?

Your hotel is most likely using xConnect software to limit your connection speed. If they use an expensive connection like CSLOXINFO leased line in Amari hotels, they have to limit internet usage. What you can do is, buy a VPS that can be used for seedbox. There are many packages with windows and some disk space. Then you can download torrent to your server, and from your server you can download with 2 mbit speed without any limitations.

It will cost you around 30 usd / euros but believe me, this is much better than using 3G bw limited internet for torrents.

cmon! downloading TORRENTS in your HOTEL!!

And crying about it no less.

Get a life

Actually I was thinking the same. If I check into a hotel and want to check my mail, check a few websites and do some work over a VPN connection, it would be very nice if a single person is not taking all the bandwidth that is to be shared with all other guests in the hotel.

I'm just wondering what torrent could be so important that you have to DL while on a vacation...

Went to Thailand

Downloaded some torrents

Was way cool

This is like when you go to the cheap hotels in Penang. All the losers shacked up there totally hogging the bandwidth. One guy last time I was there actually asked the guy running the GH - how fast the (FREE) connection was.