Price On A Padi Cert In Thailand

doingok

First I found on a quick internet search (let me google that for you), all prices on Koh Tao tend to be similar and lowest in the region.

PADI Open Water + 4 Nights Fan Room

11000 THB On Request 4 days

PADI Open Water (No Accommodation) 9800 THB On Request 4 days

Edited by Jdietz

First I found on a quick internet search (let me google that for you), all prices on Koh Tao tend to be similar and lowest in the region.

PADI Open Water + 4 Nights Fan Room

11000 THB On Request 4 days

PADI Open Water (No Accommodation) 9800 THB On Request 4 days

i did that to found nothing that isn't a bad price just over £220 been looking a.big blue diving on koh tao 9000 for the course.

cheers

Edited by doingok

Also ask what is included?

how many days pool, how many days in the sea.

What teaching?

In general the PADI book is good and it is possible to learn without classroom. Like I did.

But it is important to learn all skills and it is important to have the Instructor some time for asking questions. Usually the good questions come when doing the skills not in the classroom.

I would rater pay a bit more, than cutting on learning the skills.

What teaching?

In general the PADI book is good and it is possible to learn without classroom. Like I did.

But it is important to learn all skills and it is important to have the Instructor some time for asking questions. Usually the good questions come when doing the skills not in the classroom.

Cheers h90

looking at the big blue diving on koh tao has this place got a good rep? We our staying on samui but this place looks good.

How long will it take?

Typically the course takes between three to four full days, but rest assured,we will not rush you through the programme. Because the course is performancebased, you will have plenty of time to practise your new skills prior tocertification.

Typical Diary of the Open Water Diver Course

Orientation Day- 4pm- 6pm: We start the OW Diver Course every day at 4pm whenwe get you to meet with your Instructor & the other guys on the course talkabout what we'll do for the next couple of days. Then we're going to stick avideo on & make you sit through it for just over an hour answering as manyquestions as you can in your Open Water manuals.

Day 1- 9am-11.30am: Theory Modules 1,2+3- Sitting overbreakfast & coffee your Instructor will talk about what you learnt so faron the video, why you need to know it, & when you will do it. We have a fewquizzes to do at the end of each module.

1pm- 5.30pm: We'll go out on the boat & head to a sheltered bay around theisland & do what is called shallow water confined. We'll start in adepth you can stand up in & then work to a maximum depth of no morethan 3 meters by the end of the afternoon.

Day 2- 9am-11.30am: Theory Module 4+5. Same asyesterday!

1pm-5.30pm: We're off on the boat to do 2 dives at 2 different divesites toreach a maximum depth of no more than 12 meters. We'll do a number of skillsthat we did the day before in shallow water, in slightly deeper water &generally go out & explore the reef, look at fish & try & get togrips with your buoyancy control.

Day 3- 7am-12pm: Out on the boat this time toone of Koh Tao's best dive sites to dive to as deep as 18 meters at a 30 meterdivesite which means we'll have to stay focused on being in mid water. We'llsee big schools of barracuda, trevally, groupers, batfish & if your luckyyou might even get to see a few sharks!

1pm-1.30pm: Open Water Final Exam.

Get 75% in this multiple choice exam & then you'll then becertified as an Open Water Diver which will entitle you to dive at all thewonderful places you could ever imagine down to a maximum depth of 18 meters!

Edited by doingok

One of the members of this forum owns Phuket-Scuba-Club ----- from personal experience I can highly recco them! (Not so helpful if you are sticking to SuratThani/Chumpol but they are worth a mention :)

Any particular reason you want a PADI course?

There is a very good school on Koh Tao offering BSAC courses. Google 'Davy Jones' or BSAC THAILAND, and that will get the address for you.

There is a good reason DJL is offering PADI courses as well.

I have been teaching diving for almost 25 years now and for your info you should read the complete manual before watching the video. The video does not include everything that is in the manual so if they only have you watch the video and then answer the questions you will be missing a lot of important information. Many of the schools in Koh Tao are just like factories. They charge less and make it up by rushing you through parts of the course. It is better to spend a $100 more and get a better course. After all this course teaches you the absolute minimum needed to go out and dive with a buddy. If you don't understand it all then you will be risking your health and life when you dive after the course. After the course is finished you will likely be diving without a professional to help you out in case of an emergency. You should get the manual at least two days before the course starts so that you can read it and answer the questions at the end of each chapter. If you do that then you can easily learn the confined water and open water skills in 3 days. If you have not read the manual then you will struggling to read and learn the water skills at the same time. This makes it a very rushed and uncomfortable experience.

I have been teaching diving for almost 25 years now and for your info you should read the complete manual before watching the video. The video does not include everything that is in the manual so if they only have you watch the video and then answer the questions you will be missing a lot of important information. Many of the schools in Koh Tao are just like factories. They charge less and make it up by rushing you through parts of the course. It is better to spend a $100 more and get a better course. After all this course teaches you the absolute minimum needed to go out and dive with a buddy. If you don't understand it all then you will be risking your health and life when you dive after the course. After the course is finished you will likely be diving without a professional to help you out in case of an emergency. You should get the manual at least two days before the course starts so that you can read it and answer the questions at the end of each chapter. If you do that then you can easily learn the confined water and open water skills in 3 days. If you have not read the manual then you will struggling to read and learn the water skills at the same time. This makes it a very rushed and uncomfortable experience.

Sabye i have ready got the manual and so forth so that isn't any problem plus i am going with my wife tomorrow here in the uk to do a bit as i didn't realise a friend teaches diving so getting help here, just the north sea is very cold so well do the diving that koh tao

Cheers

Sabye i have ready got the manual and so forth so that isn't any problem plus i am going with my wife tomorrow here in the uk to do a bit as i didn't realise a friend teaches diving so getting help here, just the north sea is very cold so well do the diving that koh tao

Cheers

doingok,

What you are planning to do is very common, exactly for the reasons mentioned, cold water! Many people will complete their Knowledge Development sections and Confined Water dives in Europe and than go to either South East Asia or the Caribbean to complete their Open Water dives and such complete the course.

If you do follow this path, make sure that your friend issues you a 'referral' form for whatever segments of the course you have completed, without this form you will have to start from scratch again.

Enjoy the course.

Any particular reason you want a PADI course?

There is a very good school on Koh Tao offering BSAC courses. Google 'Davy Jones' or BSAC THAILAND, and that will get the address for you.

My opinion, I think PADI course is good , special when you have not much time to follow the course until get certificate. I asked someone when I was interesting to begin with CMAS course, they told me I have to trein in swimming pool 2 days a week which not match with my time and a lot of things more, so I choosed for PADI and when you got one you are curious to learn more and get 2,3,... depend on your capacity, motivation, health,..., my friend have to swim more than 1,500 meters to get 3rd star of CMAS which 50 meters is already too far for me to do it :rolleyes: .

What teaching?

Cheers h90

looking at the big blue diving on koh tao has this place got a good rep? We our staying on samui but this place looks good.

How long will it take?

Typically the course takes between three to four full days, but rest assured,we will not rush you through the programme. Because the course is performancebased, you will have plenty of time to practise your new skills prior tocertification.

Orientation Day- 4pm- 6pm: We start the OW Diver Course every day at 4pm whenwe get you to meet with your Instructor & the other guys on the course talkabout what we'll do for the next couple of days. Then we're going to stick avideo on & make you sit through it for just over an hour answering as manyquestions as you can in your Open Water manuals.

Day 1- 9am-11.30am: Theory Modules 1,2+3- Sitting overbreakfast & coffee your Instructor will talk about what you learnt so faron the video, why you need to know it, & when you will do it. We have a fewquizzes to do at the end of each module.

1pm- 5.30pm: We'll go out on the boat & head to a sheltered bay around theisland & do what is called shallow water confined. We'll start in adepth you can stand up in & then work to a maximum depth of no morethan 3 meters by the end of the afternoon.

1pm-5.30pm: We're off on the boat to do 2 dives at 2 different divesites toreach a maximum depth of no more than 12 meters. We'll do a number of skillsthat we did the day before in shallow water, in slightly deeper water &generally go out & explore the reef, look at fish & try & get togrips with your buoyancy control.

Day 3- 7am-12pm: Out on the boat this time toone of Koh Tao's best dive sites to dive to as deep as 18 meters at a 30 meterdivesite which means we'll have to stay focused on being in mid water. We'llsee big schools of barracuda, trevally, groupers, batfish & if your luckyyou might even get to see a few sharks!

Get 75% in this multiple choice exam & then you'll then becertified as an Open Water Diver which will entitle you to dive at all thewonderful places you could ever imagine down to a maximum depth of 18 meters!

So it is 3 half days, or 1 1/2 day of learning all skills....Even less than what I had. And most probably 99 % pass.

Scarry!

What teaching?

Cheers h90

How long will it take?

So it is 3 half days, or 1 1/2 day of learning all skills....Even less than what I had. And most probably 99 % pass.

Scarry!

it looks like 3 days its only 3 to 4 days in the uk?

Edited by doingok

I think the thing that is the most important factor when choosing where to learn to dive is the actual instructor that is going to teach you. The reputation of the shop and price is obviously important too, but the person who is going to be teaching you is really the most important thing to consider. You want someone who is keen, has a level of experience (not necessarily the most experienced but not someone teaching his/her first Open Water Course either!) and actually enjoys his/her job!