Mcdees With My Kids And Heard The X Rated Copy Of "Want To Be A Billionaire"

WarpSpeed

Agreed. In most cases only an American would be bothered.

Only a (censored) would make such a (censored) comment. jerk.gif

I'm an American, by the way. But I do acknowledged the shortcomings of many of my countrymen in the whole "politically correct" arena.

So do I on a constant basis and this doesn't apply..

I'm not overly sensitive but I am a responsible parent and the word F&*% is not acceptable in a family restaurant if I want to swear around my children that's my prerogative and no one elses so I'm also not going to respond to the idiocy being posted beyond this post as it's a sad commentary on the lacking quality of the posters and morality here and since most are Teflr's it reinforces my decision not to have my children in ANY schools here and instead home school them.

You can be sure they wouldn't allow certain Thai language in songs to be played at McDonalds...but in English you can't expect them to monitor what is played or to actually do anything about it. Few really understand English swear words, even if some have a vague idea it's bad they don't really know the extent. There is a reason you can see people with English shirts that say all sorts of ridiculous and rude stuff, the people wearing them don't know, just like the people at McDonalds aren't able to understand the song is offensive.

"....

since most are Teflr's it reinforces my decision not to have my children in ANY schools here and instead home school them."

Given your propensity to jump to such conclusions without any evidence to support that fact, home schooling might not be the best idea.

Edited by roamer

Then on a bit of the lighter side, my refill cost 28b and I gave the girl 100b but had some change in my pocket and as usual she just began to punch in the 100b without regard to my digging in my pocket for change (obviously not a common practice here as it's not the first time that has happened). Not wanting to carry a pocket full of change and seeing an opportunity to dump some of it, I pulled out my change and handed her 3b but realized I had the entire 8b to round it off but I had already given her the 3b and she punched that in for a total of 103b (the only time they seem to move at Warp speed).

So, I handed her the additional 5b knowing the total doesn't matter just the amount in the till balancing at the end of the night and she lost the plot completely, because little had I known but the register was done with it's math and it didn't include the additional 5b . I threw her entire night into disarray with this monumentally difficult mathematical conundrum, she ran around in a panic looking for the manager who had just walked out the door for locales unknown.

My Thai isn't so great but I caught something about not knowing how much change to give back the farang she said to her coworker and I kept trying to tell her "bet sip baht" but she wasn't hearing anything, she was in full on panic mode and finally ran in the back but I could still see her through the burger server window as she took her phone out of her pocket. I initially thought she was going to call the Thai central bank or something for confirmation but it turns out she wanted use the calculator to figure out that it was indeed bet sip baht change all along as if the farang would lie to her and go buy a house with the profit .. We had a laugh about it but the song threw a monkey wrench in to the fun ...

After that we meandered next door to KFC to top off our well balanced meal with a double chocolate softee ice cream cone, a rare treat to be sure and I ordered 3 chocolate/chocolate covered cones with sprinkles, all was understood and we got our orders no poblem.. But all of the cones prices there are either based on 10's or 5's nothing like a 14b or 8baht cone they're all 10,15 and so on.. Well, she rings up the price and the cones were supposed to be 15b per cone for a total of 45b but she obviously inverted the numbers so the total came out to 54b instead, it wasn't worth the time or the void to wait but in both cases it displays a real shortcoming on basic math and numerical skills here, but at least sometimes it's quite entertaining except when it's frustrating ...

You would not be available for after diner speeches by chance? That was riveting...the bold part was my favourite part of the story...I have a best mates wedding coming up soon, and will have to do a speech. I think I ll maybe pinch this little gem of an anecdote you have blessed the forum with. It will certainly get the crowd going. I can hear the roars of laughter already. It will all be in the delivery of it. Perhaps I should bring an Abacus to act this little mathematical conundrum out, to add to the humour.

The second part in KFC was good also. But I think I prefer the first part, call me odd, but I just prefer the odd number pricing system. I mean the 10's and 5's is good too...call me a stickler...maybe just afraid of change, excuse the pun ;)