Atm Out Of Country Problem

threelegcowboy

The long story of what could happen to you when using an ATM out of country from the original bank.

I went to Cambodia from Thailand and used my Thai bank card at ANZbank(sp) in Cambodia. I wanted several hundred dollars as I had no US dollas. Everything was normal as the machine tried counting the money out several times. Failed to give the money and spit out my receipt showing money taken from my account with a note at the bottom saying it would be refunded.

The hotel manager says I will get my money refunded. Later the bank manager in Cambodia said on two separate days I would get it back. When I asked about when the answer was muffled with a 70 working days reply. The inconvience was stressful and ruined my trip. A day after this failure I did use another ATM with same banks with no problem.

The reason maybe that the money was transfered to Cambodia then the ATM did not have enough funds. Only a receipt was given.

So the 70 business days turned out to be 3 callendar months. Returned to the exact baht WITHOUT A SERVICE CHARGE.

Advice is to use small amounts and pay the extra service charges.

Edited by threelegcowboy