Barclays Pin-Sentry

watutsi

When using Barclays internet banking it seems you need a "pin sentry" [small pin code security machine] to add new accounts.

I ordered one a month ago and also again 2 weeks ago but still have received nothing.The "call centre" [india] says they have been sent

but i'm unsure if this is a postal problem or Barclays being their usual unhelpful selves by not sending stuff to Thailand.

Has anyone received one of these machines while in Thailand ? Thankyou

For your interest and to alert you to the possibility, there has been a thread recently about how UK banks have a mixed and inconsistent approach to customers living abroad-with some refusing to keep UK accounts open.

If you plan to stay long may be prudent to open an offshore account now that could replace your onshore one in the event of them closing it.

Note, no evidence yet that Barclays will do that, but the expat Telegraph link in first post suggest that it is happening to customers of UK banks (remove brackets from link or it won't work)

cheers

My Barclays would only send it to my UK address and I got a friend to bring it out with her who I met in Bangkok.

I wouldn't trust the postman in my town anyway. I've never received anything I've sent to myself from UK. The only letters that make it to my door are bills from ToT....... TiT!!!