Tourist Friend Sentenced To 24Hours Of Community Service?

Holysteel

You can give blood and that counts as 12 hours I think - you can only do it once within a 6-month period though.

Do you mean ALL? i believe you can only do that once in a lifetime, can i swap by donating one of the organs instead? or any other fluids?

Most likely busted for driving under the influence.

The yellow booklet is a probation booklet. You (or ''your friend'') don't really need to come in on the exact dates if you just explain to the probation officer.

You can give blood and that counts as 12 hours I think - you can only do it once within a 6-month period though.

The other 12 hours you can bang out over the course of 2 days. 3 days total and you're out, if you want to do it the fastest way possible.

I'm kinda surprised the judge handed out probation and community service to a visiting foreigner - usually they just make you pay the fine - must have been a bad day for the judge...... but then again over the past couple of years they have gotten pretty serious about this stuff.

Actually, the blood donation is once every 3 months and counts for 6 hours/donation (people having lived in the UK for a period exceeding 6 months between 1980-1996 cannot give blood)

I heard you have to do a stag, (about an hour turn) on 'thepole' in 'boys town' in rubber hot pants to the tune……….."matcho, matcho man"…….Onlywhat I heard!

think things have changed now they have dance to its raining men.hallaaa loula ..only what i heard whistling.gif

Edited by welsh1

Why are these kind of questions always about "a friend' did this or that? :rolleyes:

It sounds like someone still have friends to me, weird uh? :lol: taking care of others, using their experiences in a way to benefit others as well, how strange is that? ;)

Why are these kind of questions always about "a friend' did this or that? :rolleyes:

It sounds like someone still have friends to me, weird uh? :lol: taking care of others, using their experiences in a way to benefit others as well, how strange is that? ;)

I think its all Johnny-no-mates like me, inventing imaginary friends... and then trying to show off to imaginary strangers on the internet how popular they are. That's what my friends say, anyway

SC

I think its all Johnny-no-mates like me, inventing imaginary friends... and then trying to show off to imaginary strangers on the internet how popular they are. That's what my friends say, anyway

SC

SC you are an exception to the rule...and by the way, i am just fruct of your imagination, this post is unreal :D

" Friend Sentenced To 24Hours Of Community Service"

He obviously broke the rules in Thailand, and got a sentence (a harsh one) . So what's the problem? :whistling:

As for surayu. As in asking for advice on TV. :rolleyes:

Semper, as in "using their experiences" i meant to looking at what happened to them and learning from it, i am not instigating you in getting drunk and start driving or whatever else, is it clear now? :D

And as asking advices in TV, i find it very usefull and in many occasions i have benefited by it, why deny the usefull aspect of the forum? C'mon give credit where credit is due! don't be shy :lol: Why so many people have true fear to be thankfull or show gratitudes? .....

Semper, as in "using their experiences" i meant to looking at what happened to them and learning from it, i am not instigating you in getting drunk and start driving or whatever else, is it clear now? :D

And as asking advices in TV, i find it very usefull and in many occasions i have benefited by it, why deny the usefull aspect of the forum? C'mon give credit where credit is due! don't be shy :lol: Why so many people have true fear to be thankfull or show gratitudes? .....

Care to elaborate on this? :)

i am not instigating you in getting drunk and start driving

Ouch! okay, the "friend" in question it's likely to have been caught in a drink & driving offence as highlited from some of the posters, when i stated "using their experiences" in a reply, someone might have confuse that as "to do the same action of the offender" which i then furtherly clarified it wasn't the intended meaning for it.

i am not instigating you in getting drunk and start driving

Ouch! okay, the "friend" in question it's likely to have been caught in a drink & driving offence as highlited from some of the posters, when i stated "using their experiences" in a reply, someone might have confuse that as "to do the same action of the offender" which i then furtherly clarified it wasn't the intended meaning for it.

I refer you back to an earlier thread

Hopefully, by seeing the trouble that an apparently simple sentence like 24 hours' community service can cause, some of us might be discouraged from drink-driving. And the OP has done his bit for society by bringing it to our attention.

Thanks! as a potential drink driver and a pedestrian...

SC