Thai Police Given Orders To Shoot To Kill Hitmen On Blacklist

webfact

So just who decided on this policy? Was it by Government decree or has some bumptious policeman whose other activities probably wouldn't pass close inspection decided what should be done? I am well aware that PC Plod's knowledge of Thai law is negligible and his view is that he can make it up on the spot, but surely senior cops should know better. Oh dear, I forgot that I live in Dodge City. A certain ex Police Lt.Col said he had been awarded a Ph.D in criminal law and he drove a horse and cart through the Thai codes.

I was going to nominate you for the Sriracha John memorial prize for bringing Thaksin into a post where there is no possible relevance.

But on reflection you do touch on an important point, namely the dangers of a shoot to kill policy where there is no proper judicial process.

It will be interesting to see whether all those who condemned the Drugs war feel equally strongly about this murky exercise.

Could it be that it is your good self that is obsessed with that avaricious megalomaniac?

:cheesy:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The oracle has spoken!

I get my info from a toothless old lady who tells the future by candlelight on the side of the road for 50 baht.

Sounds romantic

It is very romantic when she gives me winning lotto numbers.

What's the death toll up to now?

In Thaksin's War on Drugs, the bodies started stacking up within days of his announcement.

I didn't see anything on the news about any street-level executions, just the guys that surrendered.

I still stand with my earlier statement, investigations into any bodies that drop should be carried out.

Who mentioned Thaksin? I certainly didn't.

Apologies.You must have been thinking of someone else when you wrote

"A certain ex Police Lt.Col said he had been awarded a Ph.D in criminal law and he drove a horse and cart through the Thai codes."

:lol:

As far as I remember the 'containers full of skeletons' was a rumour May 2009. Upon investigation of at least two containers no skeletons were found. Did I miss something ?

begin of post removed ...

Still Rubl, if you can show me where the government proved that the containers they examined contained nothing but seawater, I'll be happy - I mean if the government at the time were truly all above board they would have presented the truth to the world, surely?What would be the point of keeping that quiet?(Edited Spelling)

Follow this old thread for all the rumours around 'containers found full of skeletons'

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__2712703

Personally I believe that a gentleman who's name start with an a-to-z had found the lost Japanese war treasure in Kanchanaburi, transported it in containers and dumped them in order to retrieve the treasure later. The hundreds of skulls found in the neighbourhood were of the laborers who helped dump the containers. They were ritually killed and spread around the containers as guards.

(PS check out this one also:

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__2758200 )

So I wasted a lot of time reading the first thread you provided. And? Exactly the same result as I reported, no more reporting, nothing to see here, it's all a rumour? Even the famous Sriracha John couldn't solve it - I wonder where he is now, we could do with the likes of him on this forum :whistling: .

I didn't bother with your 2nd link, don't think it added much to the debate, but thanks for an exceptional series of posts today. Thank you for your input. It makes a difference. :)