Ipstar Problem.Again.

Thaddeus

All day I have had nothing but problems withh access to Thaivisa.

It is incredibly slow, takes at least five minutes to load any page, half the graphics don't load at all, and all formatting is lost, it's like the LoFi version.

It doesn't matter which browser I use, and I have access to three PC's here, one of which I only installed XP on to yesterday, I've tried with Open DNS and without.

All the other websites I use are fine.

There is only one common factor ...... ipstar.

Is anyone else out there on ipstar having problems, is it just me, or does anyone have a clue what could be causing it.

Ipstar

does pose problems of various kind and magnitude whence;

stormy weather, raining, overcast etc.

otherwise, it is nothing compared to TOT or CAT,

excepting that Ipstar charges more for its services and delivery.... ;)

Yup, I used to pay about 6,400 THB per month for their satellite et al

used for overseas trading purposes.... :o

I used to pay around 10,000 for a business here just outside Prakhonchai.

But when the internet was first available in the UK in 93 or 94 I spend 300 pounds a month dialling Birmingham from Scotland on Mercury (remembar them?)

Its just a cost for doing business

Ipstar

does pose problems of various kind and magnitude whence;

stormy weather, raining, overcast etc.

otherwise, it is nothing compared to TOT or CAT,

excepting that Ipstar charges more for its services and delivery.... ;)

Yup, I used to pay about 6,400 THB per month for their satellite et al

used for overseas trading purposes.... :o

Yes, fine, I know that, but, I hit the reply 'text' to this topic, and checked two email accounts, two other forums I belong to and my Facebook page, and this page is still loading, the connection is fine, something is only affecting TVF..... I'd sort of like to know why, and what I can do about it.

Hi,

try firefox and install the add on "ad block plus".

On my connection this always helps regarding the loading times of TV.

As I mentioned earlier, it had nothing to do with the browser or the slow loading of ads.

Whichever browser I was using the stalling point appeared to be when communicating with 'static.thaivisa.com'

30 minutes ago, everything was back to normal, no configuration changes or resetting of anything by me, it just started to work..... bless the internet.

Ipstar is a miserable service. I suffered with it for about four years. After MANY complaints I was told that if I didn't like the service, to have is discontinued. That was the only helpful advice I ever got from them.

At that time my only other option was EDGE, Dtac worked the best for me and at least was more dependable than Crapstar. Plus it was a LOT cheaper. Since then CAT CDMA became available. It too is up and down like a yoyo but is much better than any other option available out here in the boonies.

Ipstar is a miserable service. I suffered with it for about four years. After MANY complaints I was told that if I didn't like the service, to have is discontinued. That was the only helpful advice I ever got from them.

At that time my only other option was EDGE, Dtac worked the best for me and at least was more dependable than Crapstar. Plus it was a LOT cheaper. Since then CAT CDMA became available. It too is up and down like a yoyo but is much better than any other option available out here in the boonies.

I agree with all that you say Gary, but for reasons that would take too long to explain here, I currently have no control over how I connect to the net, so I just have to put up with it.