Yingluck Vows To Implement Mega-Projects, Dams

Lite Beer

I'll build lots of dams. Vote for me and I'll flood your villages and farms. Nice one, lady.

You give my family 1000 bht, we vote for you, you flood my farm, then we will claim 1 years supply of Non Kai Lao whiskey. and we will be unable to work. Thus giving us more time to attend your rallies-free transport and food mind you. DEAL ???

Edited by ginjag

landofthefree - from your post "Get ready for a new Prime minister that the people actually have voted for. "

You may be in shock to know that Thai people do not vote to elect the prime minister. Thailand does not have the election system that elects a prime minister.

of course. :whistling:

Like everyone should be know by now that PM Abhisit was not elected by the people.

He was as elected as any other PM. Not that any Red Shirts complained about Samak etc...

So if the railway infastructure can be improved and let us be honest two line tracks would be a giant step forward, and the Dam can be built within the financial constraints often associated with government expenditure.....

Then both these improvements would very beneficial for Thailand, especially assisting development and investment in the rural areas........

Difficult to understand?

All this time I thought the Mega-Dam project would just be to prevent her tears ;)

Infrastructure development in Thailand is crucial! I just wonder how she will explain to those not on a major trade route .... or out in the sticks in Isaan that those projects will have to be strategically located.

theres no mention of how these mega projects might be paid for though?

after they have given a 10,000 baht computer to 12 million students in their election promises, will there be any money left in the kitty?

Correct.....obviously Thais do not read foreign news - the 3 gorges dam project is a massive financial and ecological disaster.

Any more river dams anywhere on the planet are just going to wreck the place......more than it already is....

That's just Yingluck strongest point,most of her supporters wouldn't be able to read the news if it was written in Thai.

I don't think that will be a problem given that Thailand's literacy rate is at 95%, but do keep spouting unsubstantiated nonsense

:jap:

All this time I thought the Mega-Dam project would just be to prevent her tears ;)

Infrastructure development in Thailand is crucial! I just wonder how she will explain to those not on a major trade route .... or out in the sticks in Isaan that those projects will have to be strategically located.

'Double track project' might suggest to the more intelligent that the enhancement just might cover all the existing single line tracks, a couple I believe currently service the Issan area.

landofthefree - from your post "Get ready for a new Prime minister that the people actually have voted for. "

You may be in shock to know that Thai people do not vote to elect the prime minister. Thailand does not have the election system that elects a prime minister.

Like everyone should be know by now that PM Abhisit was not elected by the people.

He was as elected as any other PM. Not that any Red Shirts complained about Samak etc...

Complained about what?

Complained about what?

You can whistle, but can you read, dear samurai. It said 'not complained'

In Thailand a PM is not elected by the people, but by MP's choosing one out of their midst.

Edited by rubl

Abhisit looks worried, Yingluck looks happy.

Maybe like most Abhisit would be worried about what may happen to this country if the family and friends re emerge, to re take control, I for one will look at the freedom of speech and press situ, and the monitoring of all contracts in the future. Transparency is needed badly here and can anyone see that happening ??? it didn't happen before thats why we have the situ as it is now--more chaos to com. WAKE UP ISSAN.

Edited by ginjag

Pardon me i am new to this have been following off and on for a few months now. Seems to me when I first started visiting Thailand Thaksin was the PM and had brought in engineers from Israel for consultation on irrigating with out having to build dams. What ever happened to that idea. It has been a while and I might not have understood it all as at the time I was just a visitor and not really paying a lot of attention..

Pardon me i am new to this have been following off and on for a few months now. Seems to me when I first started visiting Thailand Thaksin was the PM and had brought in engineers from Israel for consultation on irrigating with out having to build dams. What ever happened to that idea. It has been a while and I might not have understood it all as at the time I was just a visitor and not really paying a lot of attention..

I found this from 2005

You may want to read all of that thread rather than only the post I link here.

Looking for an answer to a new member's question I also found this one on mega projects, dams, etc. Really 'Deja vue', in March 2008:

"Thailand Samak gov't: I have a dream…

(eTN) - Thailand’s new government of Samak Sundaravej is looking to relaunch infrastructure mega-projects in Thailand, reviving a policy from previous Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. The country will go then to speed up rail and public transport infrastructure in Bangkok and around the country as well as looking to expand Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport. Mega projects will concretely see a new irrigation system taking its sources from the Mekong River to irrigate the country's drought-hit northeastern region as well as a new 600 km-highway linking four provinces: Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Ranong and Chumphon. Construction is due to start in 2009/10."

http://www.eturbonews.com/1738/thailand-samak-govt-i-have-a-dream…

theres no mention of how these mega projects might be paid for though?

after they have given a 10,000 baht computer to 12 million students in their election promises, will there be any money left in the kitty?

Correct.....obviously Thais do not read foreign news - the 3 gorges dam project is a massive financial and ecological disaster.

Any more river dams anywhere on the planet are just going to wreck the place......more than it already is....

EXACTLY!