What About Visas For My Children?

Hello,

My husband and I have been living in Thailand for a number of years now, I am British and my husband is Dutch and we have 2 children aged 13 and 11. The oldest child has a British passport the youngest a Dutch passport.

My husband has a retirement visa.

I have recently been back to the UK and got a non-immigrant B 12 months multi entry visa as I have been offered a job and they are applying for a work permit for me via the company.

The problem I have is our 2 children s visas.

Last year we could not get valid visas for them because they are not registered at a school in Thailand. They both go to a registered school in the UK via the internet, because of this they can not get education visas as they are not being educated in Thailand.

Because they are both under 16 the immigration office assured me that they were ok to stay as long as we had valid visas.

The company I am working for said that I can have the 2 children on my visa but I am not sure how to do this?

Do they have to have valid visas first?

Thank you in advance for any advise.

If your husband has a retirement extension of stay from Immigration (section 2.22) using 800k in Thai bank account/proof of pension 65k or combination his children qualify for one year matching extensions of stay if living with him and under 20 years of age and not married (section 2.20). Only up to age 14 are overstay fines not charged in my understanding (not 16). You would also qualify as his wife.

Thank you lopburi3, I did qualify as his wife and had a retirement visa also until recently but the children did not last time around.

I would like to get this sorted as my son is 14 this year and I would like them both to have valid visas.

If your husband has a retirement extension of stay from Immigration (section 2.22) using 800k in Thai bank account/proof of pension 65k or combination his children qualify for one year matching extensions of stay if living with him and under 20 years of age and not married (section 2.20). Only up to age 14 are overstay fines not charged in my understanding (not 16). You would also qualify as his wife.

They need a non immigrant O visa entry and then extend under section 2.20 of immigration document 777/2551 and there is no financial requirement (as with school). As long as father has the retirement extension of stay stamp they can obtain the non immigrant visa and extend on that basis (if living with him, not married and under age 20 as stated earlier).

They need a non immigrant O visa entry and then extend under section 2.20 of immigration document 777/2551 and there is no financial requirement (as with school). As long as father has the retirement extension of stay stamp they can obtain the non immigrant visa and extend on that basis (if living with him, not married and under age 20 as stated earlier).

OK clear, so as neither of them have a valid visa currently and my husbands visa is not due for renewal until September what is the best course of action please?

I would wait until after he gets the September stamp and then get a visa entry for at least the oldest and extension. Immigration tends to recommend the easy way as no fine is involved but for the oldest it is getting close. They should provide extensions for both if you want to do so.

I would wait until after he gets the September stamp and then get a visa entry for at least the oldest and extension. Immigration tends to recommend the easy way as no fine is involved but for the oldest it is getting close. They should provide extensions for both if you want to do so.

Thank you I will, I would prefer to have valid visas for both.