• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Working Out Of Thailand

Hi new to the forum.

I'm looking to relocate out to Pattaya but still need to be in constant contact and at times work

with my office in London.

My organisation mainly deals in online media.

I just wondered if anyone else works from Pattaya self employed but trades and sells back to London on a regular basis and if there

was anyway I could still have a U.K number which is picked up in Thailand, best phone company to use web providers etc?

More and more of my business is now being done online so it really doesnt matter where in the world I work from.

Anyone else doing the same or can give me some practical advice about how to go about this process and if it has worked for them

I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Strictly legally speaking, you can't be self employed in thailand as a farang, not in the sense your thinking of..and strictly speaking you need a work permit to work in Thailand which involves setting up a Thai company

If you want better voice quality and a cheaper calling rates than Skype out, it's worth to take a look at www.voip-thailand.com

They can even get you a free London fixed line number. I use one of their FritzBoxes for quite some time now and there is no way I want to go back to Skype for my business communication.

Down here in Phuket, we often grumble about internet speeds and connections. But, to be honest, it's more of a comparison we're making with the much higher standards in our 'home' countries. It's not great down here, but in basic terms, it's more than acceptable for what you'd generally need.

So, for your needs, I think your Thai location needs to be driven more by infrastructure availability. Check out what's available in Pattaya, then take a look at other locations such as Phuket, or Hua Hin.

If airport accessibility is, perhaps, an important consideration (easy from Pattaya, I know), then in the south we have a choice of BKK or going through KL. Potentially, more options for European travel than being more tied to Suwannapoom.

Lot to consider, funkenhoffer, not just phone and internet speeds.