Low Offer Or About Right?

I was going to ask the following question since the very first day that the post appeared.

How much or were you at all asked to contribute toward the welfare of that school?

If you said none at all, I would literary dash thru the safety glass wall and jump from my penthouse.... :shock1:

The 3 top international schools, ISB, Pattana, and Harrow to my personal knowledge do not have any staff that solicits or accepts bribes for admitting students.

You are confusing these with other private schools, some sponsored by catholic churches, that do require such donations. There are few farang students in those schools.

Give us a last post before you jump….

TH

A few years back, KoonYing K. visited one of the schools you allured to, to inquire about the possibility that one of her nephews could be enrolled there.

To her surprise, the principal was noncommittal that morning.

However, that same evening, someone called to ask if she'd left her hand bag at the office.

She said no, she didn't forget anything. Besides, she told the caller that she did not like the school one bit.

A week thereafter, her nephew showed up unexpectedly with a letter in his hand, repeatedly reminding her that he was not as useless and worthless as his auntie labelled him. And that he finally got accepted into the school of his choice.

KoonYing asked Agg what was his farang father's reaction? My dad was so overjoyed that he was going to throw a big party, and he told me to come and give you the good news and to tell you that even though I am not the smartest but I am smart enough to get accepted without anybody's help. Aren't you proud of me, auntie?

KoonYing then asked.... and your mom, what did she say? Mom was crying all morning and told me to spend the weekend with you to keep you company.

KoonYing told Agg, your farang dad is very smart but your Mom is alot wiser.

Agg told his Auntie that he thinks his dad is alot smarter than his mom. His mom always does what his dad says and goes wherever dad goes too.... when I grow up, I'll be just like my dad.

That.... goes to prove that farang, male or female, are acknowledged by their kids to be smarter and wiser.... in Thailand.... at least.... :o:D

A few years back, KoonYing K. visited one of the schools you allured to, to inquire about the possibility that one of her nephews could be enrolled there.

To her surprise, the principal was noncommittal that morning.

However, that same evening, someone called to ask if she'd left her hand bag at the office.

She said no, she didn't forget anything. Besides, she told the caller that she did not like the school one bit.

A week thereafter, her nephew showed up unexpectedly with a letter in his hand, repeatedly reminding her that he was not as useless and worthless as his auntie labelled him. And that he finally got accepted into the school of his choice.

KoonYing asked Agg what was his farang father's reaction? My dad was so overjoyed that he was going to throw a big party, and he told me to come and give you the good news and to tell you that even though I am not the smartest but I am smart enough to get accepted without anybody's help. Aren't you proud of me, auntie?

KoonYing then asked.... and your mom, what did she say? Mom was crying all morning and told me to spend the weekend with you to keep you company.

KoonYing told Agg, your farang dad is very smart but your Mom is alot wiser.

Agg told his Auntie that he thinks his dad is alot smarter than his mom. His mom always does what his dad says and goes wherever dad goes too.... when I grow up, I'll be just like my dad.

That.... goes to prove that farang, male or female, are acknowledged by their kids to be smarter and wiser.... in Thailand.... at least.... :o:D

Emm......Not quite sure what to say to that post....

Pattana is not difficult to get enroled into just bloody expensive. I hear it helps if the kid has a british passport??

Whilst I agree that in comparison to other capital cities housing in Bkk is still cheap...I still think 150,00 is taking the mick.

Have a look on CB Richard Ellis.

Good luck with your search :thumbsup:

RAZZ

EDIT - As an example of the market...there's a house on that site that has been for sale for probably 3 years!

Edited by RAZZELL

Actually there is a huge market for rentals in the 100k-300k range in BKK. It is not at all uncommon nor is it taking the mick.

Sales of second hand house's in Thailand are always slow sells. Mainly because Thai's want new unlived in and the latest design for big face.

The sale and rental market's are 2 different machines.

Edited by negreanu

Whilst I agree that in comparison to other capital cities housing in Bkk is still cheap...I still think 150,00 is taking the mick.

Have a look on CB Richard Ellis.

Good luck with your search :thumbsup:

RAZZ

EDIT - As an example of the market...there's a house on that site that has been for sale for probably 3 years!

There is a big market taking advantage of the fact that big expat-fat companies change senior management every 3-4 years and don't want more than 2 year contracts

It is on the other hand possible to find big very nice beautifully furnished houses in moobaans with swimming pool and sports complex etc for quite a bit less than what we talk about here. Just need to stay away from the internet to find the right prices

possible to find big very nice beautifully furnished houses in moobaans with swimming pool and sports complex etc for quite a bit less than what we talk about here. Just need to stay away from the internet to find the right prices

Would be nice if you can give us some hints where to look and what prices...

Actually there is a huge market for rentals in the 100k-300k range in BKK. It is not at all uncommon nor is it taking the mick.

Sales of second hand house's in Thailand are always slow sells. Mainly because Thai's want new unlived in and the latest design for big face.

The sale and rental market's are 2 different machines.

Well, Bkk is not London, New York or Paris...or even Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai or Tokyo...so hence I do believe it's taking the mick.

And if there's such a "huge" market in rentals why is the OP's house still for rent? IT'S OVERPRICED...and has a miserable landlord ;)

RAZZ

possible to find big very nice beautifully furnished houses in moobaans with swimming pool and sports complex etc for quite a bit less than what we talk about here. Just need to stay away from the internet to find the right prices

On the internet but hey... ;)

http://www.vsrrealestate.com/search.php?location=&type=4610b74b5b166&forrent=Y&price=&keyword=&image.x=32&image.y=8

Nice pad for 120k a month on Suk 85 which might suit the OP.

http://www.vsrrealestate.com/property_detail.php?id=4c8605802775f

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

You just need to be able to read Thai. The Thai property magazines printed on cheap paper, the ones that have 75% townhouses and 24% detached houses priced below 10 millions. The 1% left...

Edited by MikeyIdea