If You Are A Sucker For Pad Thai, Read On ...

Tom Kagai

Sorry to disappoint with the directions, especially my mix up over 'Sophon Market'.

The next time I'm down there I'll get a snap from my phone and post it.

Really though, if you are walking or riding up Soi 17 and you pass 'Chik a Boom' on your right side, there's not a lot of margin for error. A couple of noodle stands and the Pad Thai one are the only ones there.

Sorry to dissapoint ya'll - actually I make the best Pad Thai. To fill my time, I went to Thai Culinary school (not kidding here) and now I can make (almost) any thai dishes, more hygenic, uses clean oil, better and more quality ingredients. The only problem: the 40 baht Pad Thai that I usually get from the street Vendor, now cost me 100 baht to make and then there's the dirty dishes :bah: :bah:

So true. I too have started to cook at home...so know what i'm eating and eat what i want but it's more expensive than eating out and there are the pots and pans to clean.

No matter how tasty their food, if they don't have clean running water with which to wash their dishes

and dont forget.... handling filthy money and pick their nose.... before preparing your food :lol:

Nose picking has put me off a few places in the past.

You really can't be too careful these days. Who would have thought that one might die from drug resistant E. Coli just by eating vegetables in Europe, where presumably they don't pick their noses, don't handle filthy money and always wash their dishes properly (well, in public anyway). :whistling:

Ate here tonight..

are you sure you ate there? Maybe you ate at the stall next to it? But if it was good that's all that matters.

Im gonna start at thread about best kebab in town, and I'm even gonna give some vague directions in near future... a hint - it is on 2nd road right after a Soi, and just before that other soi. It really isn't far from Royal Garden, come to think of it, it is fairly close to Avenue, but on the left side

Edited by valgehiir

Ate here tonight..

are you sure you ate there? Maybe you ate at the stall next to it? But if it was good that's all that matters.

Im gonna start at thread about best kebab in town, and I'm even gonna give some vague directions in near future... a hint - it is on 2nd road right after a Soi, and just before that other soi. It really isn't far from Royal Garden, come to think of it, it is fairly close to Avenue, but on the left side

:cheesy:

Another map ... the red bit is Sophon Market or you could get a surprisingly good Pad Thai in the food court at Central Festival on the beach.

This map doesn't bring us any closer to discovering the holy grail of Pad Thais at the OP's secret location.

This map doesn't bring us any closer to discovering the holy grail of Pad Thais at the OP's secret location.

What??? You want clarity, precision and relevance in this obtuse, oozing mass of a thread? That's heresy, I say. Heresy! :whistling: