Money Doesn'T Grow On Trees

NEP

No one like this takes no for an answer, no matter how valid the excuse, so....

In the States I would first say, "excuse me, what color underwear are you wearing?"

Then there was silence.

Then I said, "if you will send me your underwear first, unwashed, I'll buy something from you, but you can't tell my probation officer."

CLICK.

Edit for spelling

I just hang up. Seems much easier then wasting any witticism on them.

That is beauty of phone calls, you are in complete control of the duration and the energy expended to end it is minimal.

Anyone that has worked overseas for any time gets these phone periodically, especially when starting a new assignment at a new location.

Just hang up.

TH

Edited by thaihome

lot of monet growing on my rubber trees right now !

lot of money too !!

If you can get your hands on an original Monet, you can retire for life. He was the founder of French impressionist painting; His paintings are worth millions.

Edited by TimTang

Just received a call offering me to invest in a Christmas Tree Farm in Northern Thailand.

The caller gave me his personal guarantee that I would receive a 150% return on my money (investing Cash only) and that it was not a scam.

What do you think?

With Villa Market selling live Christmas trees for B 8-10k every year...there's gotta be money to be made there somewhere B)

Just told the misses to plant a few Durian trees around the farm..Have you seen the prices they are selling that for in the local market rolleyes.gif

bought some Durian trees a while back and they were fifty baht each. They do take a while before you get any fruit though. Get a rare variety though and the fruit might go for 10,000 each.

Just received a call offering me to invest in a Christmas Tree Farm in Northern Thailand.

The caller gave me his personal guarantee that I would receive a 150% return on my money (investing Cash only) and that it was not a scam.

What do you think?

Ask him, why he makes a meager living by hassling people with stupid phone calls. He shall invest in his christmas trees and become rich.

No one like this takes no for an answer, no matter how valid the excuse, so....

In the States I would first say, "excuse me, what color underwear are you wearing?"

Then there was silence.

Then I said, "if you will send me your underwear first, unwashed, I'll buy something from you, but you can't tell my probation officer."

CLICK.

Edit for spelling

I just hang up. Seems much easier then wasting any witticism on them.

That is beauty of phone calls, you are in complete control of the duration and the energy expended to end it is minimal.

Anyone that has worked overseas for any time gets these phone periodically, especially when starting a new assignment at a new location.

Just hang up.

TH

I understand. But, since I have a sense of humor, witticisms come easily to me and I find it entertaining.

They also never call back.

Just told the misses to plant a few Durian trees around the farm..Have you seen the prices they are selling that for in the local market rolleyes.gif

bought some Durian trees a while back and they were fifty baht each. They do take a while before you get any fruit though. Get a rare variety though and the fruit might go for 10,000 each.

yeh been checking them out..and certain trees only produce fruit

thanks for the info on 50 baht a tree.will be going this weekend to by a few jap.gif think you looking at around 5 years before you get any fruit ?

To add to that if you really want to be good just make sure you take a bag with you when you go shopping (just think of how much that will save in Thailand for the enviroment). Use less energy, there are many other ways that are far more useful then giving out money, when usually maybe 10% will be used right.

Yeah dont have kids will save far more than ANY other methods of saving the planet

lot of monet growing on my rubber trees right now !

lot of money too !!

If you can get your hands on an original Monet, you can retire for life. He was the founder of French impressionist painting; His paintings are worth millions.

Got a degree in Fine Art Painting, well aware who Monet is. Probably most famous for his series of water lillies.

yeh been checking them out..and certain trees only produce fruit

thanks for the info on 50 baht a tree.will be going this weekend to by a few jap.gif think you looking at around 5 years before you get any fruit ?

When we bought the trees they were only about 15 inches tall but they soon grow. About two metres now in six months or so. Yeah, have to wait for the fruit. Got to be something very satisfying about eating your own homegrown durian. We bought the ' Mongtong ' variety because they taste good and are easy to grow, I seem to remember that the woman had ' Chanee ' and a couple of other kinds as well. check before you buy . Apparently there are about 200 kinds of durian. They need an average yearly temperature of 22 degrees to grow. Growing consumer market in China now as well which is helping Thai exporters.

I get these phone calls on a regular basis I don't know where they get my number I think it's because I'm a member of a chamber.

I had one from south Korea yesterday trying to sell me shares and other investments, another from Japan and one in Bangkok wanting me to invest in bamboo . I'm really sick of this scum telling lies to my staff insisting they need to talk to me and won't let you go to you are rude to them a slam the phone down