Do You Support Legalization Of Same Sex Marriage In Thailand?

Jingthing

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't tease me around! :P From the gay's marriages...

okay kay okay, but you don't think it is wrong to use such terms in public? If you see someone at the restaurant ordering something that "disgust" you, would you say that to the person eating it? you know what i mean? would you tell your best friend that his lady disgust you, knowing he's going to take offence from it? you should use a different approach and as i also said before, with their preferences they are in fact giving you a wider choice of partners, i am not saying to be gratefull but at least show some respect....

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, DISGUSTED!

Why would someone feel the need to express disgust at anyone else's bed partner? Perhaps he should post a picture of whomever he is sleeping with, so that we can all express whether or not we find the thought of sex with her to be disgusting?

Yeah, DISGUSTED! Humm, i don't know why, maybe because he is having his own opinion on the topic. That doesn't make me against it, but you already know that from my first post on the topic.

Posting their pictures, lol, nice1 richy. Do you want phone numbers too, condoms??

Is it only me, or are there any other members who doesn't struggle to see the humour in having two self proclaimed gay men on the forum - one of them argues that society is so tolerant against gay couple it is now time to let them adopt children the same way you go to the pet store and buy a dog (he even brings up other posters age as an argument), while the other one continuously moans "you all hate us"? Priceless.

In addition, this topic is about society's tolerance towards gay people, while at the same time there appear to be no room amongst gay people for opinions that opposes the idea of gay people being equal in every aspect - even the right to raise children.

As I said, I have no business messing about with the rights to choose partner regardless of gender, and I even support gay marriages. But the whole idea of doing so gets a fowled taste when gay people continue to disrespect other peoples opinions.

I thought respect for the individual and his/hers opinion was the core issue here?

[

okay kay okay, but you don't think it is wrong to use such terms in public? If you see someone at the restaurant ordering something that "disgust" you, would you say that to the person eating it? you know what i mean? would you tell your best friend that his lady disgust you, knowing he's going to take offence from it? you should use a different approach and as i also said before, with their preferences they are in fact giving you a wider choice of partners, i am not saying to be gratefull but at least show some respect....

Oh sorry, i must be a horrible person for telling it =o But hey, if some1 get offended of what he do, maybe he should think twice before doing it. I hope saying this isn't so unmannered. :)

Oh sorry, i must be a horrible person for telling it =o But hey, if some1 get offended of what he do, maybe he should think twice before doing it. I hope saying this isn't so unmannered. :)

It's not simply unmannered, you are now kind of twisting things to stir hate, i believe you are very aware that people take offence not because of what they do, but for the offensive language you use to address them, that's not right mate, i wouldn't take it so lightly if someone else will tell me that choosing a woman as a partner is "disgusting", how would you feel? are you doing this just for fun? i fail to see the funny side of it, sorry.

this topic is about society's tolerance towards gay people, while at the same time there appear to be no room amongst gay people for opinions that opposes the idea of gay people being equal in every aspect - even the right to raise children...I thought respect for the individual and his/hers opinion was the core issue here?

Don't you realize how ridiculous your complaint is? You are suggesting that because Gay people want or expect tolerance, they should tolerate other's intolerance.

Why not say that African Americans were being unreasonable in demanding to be treated as equals since they were not being tolerant of the opinion of those who wanted them to be discriminated against and oppressed?

Yes, it can be argued that respect for the individual is the core issue. But while I am not and can not speak for Gay people, I don't think they are asking for anyone to respect their opinion or even necessarily for respect per se -- just to be treated as equal. (I don't respect everyone -- and any lack of respect has nothing to do with a person's sexuality, ethnicity, socio-economic status, or religious beliefs blah blah blah -- but I treat everyone as an equal and generally see them as such.)

Edited by SteeleJoe

It would just be nice if more straight guys could just say they support marriage equality without adding a footnote exerting their masculinity or their "disgust" at the thought of two people of the same sex getting it on.

It just shows a very profound lack of confidence in one's own sexuality.

It would just be nice if more straight guys could just say they support marriage equality without adding a footnote exerting their masculinity or their "disgust" at the thought of two people of the same sex getting it on.

I'll be first!

I support equality unconditionally.

I have the utmost confidence in my masculinity and needn't proclaim it but I don't think that has anything to do with sexuality (ie I don't think a gay man is necessarily more or less masculine than one who isn't Gay -- I've known some Gay men that were more "masculine" than some straight guys I've known.) Moreover, I don't think a man -- Gay or not -- has to be "masculine" to be worthy of respect, likable, or a good person. (So it matters not at all to me whether people here think I'm masculine or not).

I feel no disgust whatsoever - nor even any slight discomfort -- at the thought of two people of the same gender having sex.

Edited by SteeleJoe

this topic is about society's tolerance towards gay people, while at the same time there appear to be no room amongst gay people for opinions that opposes the idea of gay people being equal in every aspect - even the right to raise children...I thought respect for the individual and his/hers opinion was the core issue here?

Don't you realize how ridiculous your complaint is? You are suggesting that because Gay people want or expect tolerance, they should tolerate other's intolerance.

Why not say that African Americans were being unreasonable in demanding to be treated as equals since they were not being tolerant of the opinion of those who wanted them to be discriminated against and oppressed?

Yes, it can be argued that respect for the individual is the core issue. But while I am not and can not speak for Gay people, I don't think they are asking for anyone to respect their opinion or even necessarily for respect per se -- just to be treated as equal. (I don't respect everyone -- and any lack of respect has nothing to do with a person's sexuality, ethnicity, socio-economic status, or religious beliefs blah blah blah -- but I treat everyone as an equal and generally see them as such.)

There's i difference between intolerance and opinion, dont you think?

And where's my complaint? African Americans? What in heavens name or you on about, I thought this was the thread where gay relationship was under debate, but perhaps you posted in the wrong thread?

Discomfort, disgust, whatever is OK to me (to each his own) ...bit just seems silly that so few straight guys are man enough to say they support marriage equality without making mention of it.

"I'm no homo, but if they want to marry why I don't see why not".

"Two dudes darting up each others' <deleted> -- disgusting -- but I support their right to get married".

"Yeah, I like a little girl-on-girl, why not. Har har har".

None of that is necessary if you are confident in who you are. Just say you support it...you're a real man, we all get it. And no one is going to think you're "one of them" for supporting their rights.

This is 2011, not 1955...

I feel no disgust whatsoever - nor even any slight discomfort -- at the thought of two people of the same gender having sex.

Out of curiosity, is there one single poster who's uttered disgust towards gay couples..?

Out of curiosity, is there one single poster who's uttered disgust towards gay couples..?

Have you read some of the lunatic fringe posting in this thread?

It was a simple and honest question, so feel free to point me in the right direction.

It was a simple and honest question, so feel free to point me in the right direction.

Just read all the posts from the beginning.

I'm not that overly enthusiastic over this topic. As member of the majority of members on TV who doesn't give a flying fig whether a couple is made up of two persons of mixed or the same sex, I admit that as such I dont find this topic that interesting. You gave me the impression that you knew of at least one post where someone had uttered disgust against members of the gay community, but I was probably wrong there. My bad. Sorry.

I'm sure, as a layman on this subject I'll be corrected by those more knowledgeable.

The whole movement for gay rights/equality is a relatively modern phenomenon? Would it be around the time of the "swinging 60's" which in itself was a time of social change. The historical role of the male in society has been that of hunter, provider, protector. That role began changing during WW11, in as much as the men went to war, the women worked the factories, gaining financial independence for the first time?

The 60's brought about a sexual revolution, shall we say, liberating women from their normal societal restraints. Very quickly indeed, a man's role in society went through a rapid change removing a lot of his 'power.' Today it's not unusual in a heterosexual relationship for the female to be the biggest money earner and for the man to be the parent at home caring for the young children.

I may be stretching here but perhaps, even on a subconscious level, some of those men opposed to gay marriage feel it's a further erosion of the 'male role'

Just throwing it out to be shot down ;)

I'm not that overly enthusiastic over this topic. As member of the majority of members on TV who doesn't give a flying fig whether a couple is made up of two persons of mixed or the same sex, I admit that as such I dont find this topic that interesting. You gave me the impression that you knew of at least one post where someone had uttered disgust against members of the gay community, but I was probably wrong there. My bad. Sorry.

There have been --- then there have been the gay-baiters and the rest .... you should find them in this thread or the other in the most recent few pages ;) If you can't be bothered to look, why should someone go look for you to find the posts?

In other words, you can't be bothered to read the whole thread, yet expect me to go back through it and highlight posts you might be interested in?

Right, I'll be getting on that right away.

I'm sure, as a layman on this subject I'll be corrected by those more knowledgeable.

The whole movement for gay rights/equality is a relatively modern phenomenon? Would it be around the time of the "swinging 60's" which in itself was a time of social change. The historical role of the male in society has been that of hunter, provider, protector. That role began changing during WW11, in as much as the men went to war, the women worked the factories, gaining financial independence for the first time?

The 60's brought about a sexual revolution, shall we say, liberating women from their normal societal restraints. Very quickly indeed, a man's role in society went through a rapid change removing a lot of his 'power.' Today it's not unusual in a heterosexual relationship for the female to be the biggest money earner and for the man to be the parent at home caring for the young children.

I may be stretching here but perhaps, even on a subconscious level, some of those men opposed to gay marriage feel it's a further erosion of the 'male role'

Just throwing it out to be shot down ;)

Ummm some gay societies (groups/organizations) as well as gay bars etc emerged in the US in the 50's. Same gender sex has not been illegal in many (radically surprising places) like Jordan since the '50's

That being said the Big Bang so-to-speak were the Stonewall Riots in 1969 in NYC. It was the most marginalized among the gay movement that finally got pissed off enough at the bar raids, police harassment etc that they fought back ... First it was the DragQueens soon joined by the leather guys ... in other words the very visible minorities. It started spreading in the '70's and when the hippies left the Haight (SFO) the gay guys stayed .... Why do people have knee-jerk reactions to gay marriage? I know what Gestalt Therapy would suggest about them .... ;)

historical note --- Stonewall Riots were named that because of a notorious gay bar with drag shows ... The Stonewall Inn.

There have been --- then there have been the gay-baiters and the rest .... you should find them in this thread or the other in the most recent few pages ;) If you can't be bothered to look, why should someone go look for you to find the posts?

Moan moan whine whine....if there is such post, why not point it out. I'm not bothered enough to spend ten minutes reading the thread to find a post someone is referring to but doesn't want to point out (yes,I admit that without hesitating).

The big question is why many are so bothered?

What do you want play next? Hide 'n seek?

Discomfort, disgust, whatever is OK to me (to each his own) ...bit just seems silly that so few straight guys are man enough to say they support marriage equality without making mention of it.

Richard4849, i wouldn't put on the same level, someone being knowledgly offensive and someone expressing his own preferences, also i think everyone should feel free to express his own preferences, if they like to, what's the problem with it? Especially when we seems to have part of the population wishing to criminalize another part of the population, to show them that there is nothing to fear and tolerance and respect it's all is needed, shouldn't hurt anyone. Do not be worry about giving voice to your thoughts and give that freedom to others too, the more voices and opinions the better it is, don't try to silence them.

Moan moan whine whine....if there is such post, why not point it out. I'm not bothered enough to spend ten minutes reading the thread to find a post someone is referring to but doesn't want to point out (yes,I admit that without hesitating).

Nah -- you're the guy that was attributing things said by another to me .... and never bothered to correct yourself. Again ... if you can't be bothered to read, I can't be bothered to do it for you. Simple. 10 minutes reading to find the post for someone that won't spend the same 10 minutes but professes to want to know? Yah ... not gonna happen.

Nothing wrong with expressing one's preferences in the correct setting. A lot of straight guys, though, seem to think they cannot voice support for anything remotely gay without prefacing it with some comment to make sure it's understood they are not "one of them". It exposes a deep-seated homophobia, lack of maturity, and ultimate lack of confidence in their own persona -- in my humble opinion. That's all I'm saying.

Nah -- you're the guy that was attributing things said by another to me .... and never bothered to correct yourself. Again ... if you can't be bothered to read, I can't be bothered to do it for you. Simple. 10 minutes reading to find the post for someone that won't spend the same 10 minutes but professes to want to know? Yah ... not gonna happen.

So I was right - no one has posted uttered disgust against gay people..? Feel free to point out where that has happened though in case it actually did happen (which it very well could have).

So I was right - no one has posted uttered disgust against gay people..? Feel free to point out where that has happened though in case it actually did happen (which it very well could have).

I think we have a troll on our hands here.

READ THE DAMNED THREAD. You must think you are very important to think that someone is going to do it for you.

If you read the whole thread and can't find expressions of disgust, THEN get back to us. What a lazy, sad sod.

I think we have a troll on our hands here.

READ THE DAMNED THREAD. You must think you are very important to think that someone is going to do it for you.

If you read the whole thread and can't find expressions of disgust, THEN get back to us. What a lazy, sad sod.

It'll be a lot easier if someone could just point at the post in which the alleged disgust was uttered.

Why is that such big issue? It'd look really ridiculous in an academic environment if you referred to a source but refused to reveal which one it was, dont you think?

Edited by Forethat

A lot of straight guys, though, seem to think they cannot voice support for anything remotely gay without prefacing it with some comment to make sure it's understood they are not "one of them". It exposes a deep-seated homophobia, lack of maturity, and ultimate lack of confidence in their own persona -- in my humble opinion. That's all I'm saying.

While i accept it might be true on some people, it's equally true that there are also other people stating the same things for different reasons.

To my eyes, by claiming you don't belong to a certain current but you are indeed supporting their rights, it shows impartiality and demonstrates you are not doing that to give more strenght to your own personal preferences, so, reinforcing that idea in front of others that might believe you are doing that for your own personal interests.

So, let's put in place the adequate differencies.

I thin the appropriate response at this point is to repeat for a final time ---- that you pointed out you are too lazy to look --- and I am unwilling to help you. That does not make you "right" it does make you a troll as someone else pointed out (correctly.) The fact that you never did correct your post with a quote you attributed to me that I did not make ... means it is time for you to disappear :) Say Goodnight Gracie :)

And where's my complaint? African Americans? What in heavens name or you on about, I thought this was the thread where gay relationship was under debate, but perhaps you posted in the wrong thread?

It depends, I suppose. If your "opinion" is that Gay people are not equal and should not be unconditionally treated as such, then your opinion is a manifestation of your intolerance. Or vice versa, if you like.

Where's your complaint? Well...here:

this topic is about society's tolerance towards gay people, while at the same time there appear to be no room amongst gay people for opinions that opposes the idea of gay people being equal in every aspect - even the right to raise children...

Given that you go on to say that "the whole idea of" supporting gay marriage "gets a fowled taste when gay people continue to disrespect other peoples opinions", I characterize the above as a complaint. Would you prefer I call it a "comment"?

OK: Don't you realize how ridiculous your comment is?

African Americans? What in heavens name or you on about, I thought this was the thread where gay relationship was under debate, but perhaps you posted in the wrong thread?

It's what's known as an "analogy". Check it out in a dictionary and see if you are then less perplexed. (If you then feel the situations are not analogous, feel free to point out why and I will gladly concede to a valid refutation).

Edited by SteeleJoe