Good Family Resort In Kanchanaburi

greenphil

Xanadu which is just outside of the main city - a lovely little place in an idyllic setting on the river. Prices I think are around 800-1000 per night. Decent accomodation, nice swimming pool and good home cooked food.

Have a look at the website xanadu2008.com

It also gets great reviews on Trip advisor, and the people that own it are lovely people.

Xanadu which is just outside of the main city - a lovely little place in an idyllic setting on the river. Prices I think are around 800-1000 per night. Decent accomodation, nice swimming pool and good home cooked food.

It also gets great reviews on Trip advisor, and the people that own it are lovely people.

Agree Xanadu is excellent.The best food and service in town.Felix a bit tired now and more for conference and business meetings

Felix is on the high end of "affordable" but NICE .. and in a great location.

The Jungle Rafts are rowdier but fun. It would depend on the ages in the family.

There is a fixed tent (nice tents -- wooden floors --- AC --- nice bathrooms) etc resort literally just below the Hellfire Pass museum and above the river that is very nice as well.

Agree Xanadu is excellent.The best food and service in town.Felix a bit tired now and more for conference and business meetings

We always put in a few days at Felix when in Kan. It has a great pool area with chuildrens pool and a childrens playground further at the back of the resort. Some business meetigns there from time to time, but never too crowded at the pool, usually 2 -3 Thai - Farang families like ourselves. You cant really walk to town, so unless you have a car or dont mind lazing at the reosrt you might consider that a disadvantage. It did not apprear worn to my eyes when we were there in January.

There is another resort recently built next to it but have not checked it out

• 2 months later...

We just had a great family holiday at Xanadu.They really worked hard at pleasing our kids who did not want to leave.High light of holiday for them.Lots to see in area

We just had a great family holiday at Xanadu.They really worked hard at pleasing our kids who did not want to leave.High light of holiday for them.Lots to see in area

Just had great family holiday at Xanadu.