Broken Notebook / Laptop Screen

tommytouch

I've (very) broken the screen of my Toshiba computer. I went to a Toshiba dealership in Bangkok and was quoted a silly price and warned of a possible long wait to get it fixed, in fact the guy in the shop advised me to use a small independent place instead - no company loyalty there!

Can anyone recommend a reliable, reasonably priced shop to carry out the repairs in Bangkok? The Toshiba guy estimated the cost to be around B3000 - B4000.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by tommytouch

the Toshiba guy actually do a bif favour to your wallet !

at official service center, screen replacement of 2 to 3 years notebook, is about the price of a new notebook today.

check Pantip or Fortune Tower, there are lot of repair shops that could manage screen replacement. bring you notebook with you.

alternatively, buy an external LCD screen and connected to you notebook. your notebook will become a desktop :- (

Edited by ETatBKK

Yes I'll probably go to Fortune. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a specific place / person (Pantip or Fortune), although I doubt there's a whole lot of difference in price or know-how between each place. (Can't wait to get it sorted so I can stop using this bloody internet cafe.)

Thanks