Eee Pad Transformer

To my knowledge, no it isn't

A friend of mine just bought one in the UK and when he got back to Thailand, it wouldn't charge. He took it to the Asus authorized service center and they had never seen one before. Turns out the USB cable is defective and they have to order one from Europe.

To my knowledge they are also sold out in the US and UK. My friend had to order one online.

Edited by BB1950

To my knowledge, no it isn't

A friend of mine just bought one in the UK and when he got back to Thailand, it wouldn't charge. He took it to the Asus authorized service center and they had never seen one before. Turns out the USB cable is defective and they have to order one from Europe.

To my knowledge they are also sold out in the US and UK. My friend had to order one online.

Thanks so much for your reply.. I did check online (USA) and Amazon, Tiger Direct and B&H Photo all have them. B&H has the best price.. $399. for 16 Gig and $499 for the 32Gig.. Amazon and Tiger are $50 to $250 more...

FYI, Eee pad transformer is available in Malaysia just few days ago.

My mate is planning to get one soon.

Price is

RM1499 (15,000 baht) without dock

RM1799 (18,000 baht) with dock.

Thanks for the info.. I ordered one from the States... B13,500 no dock but includes shipping

Price is

Thanks for the info.. I ordered one from the States... B13,500 no dock but includes shipping

I'm quite hot on this little thing too :wub:

If you don't mind letting us know when it arrives, I'd be very interested in hearing how long it took to deliver and how much, if any, duties you had to pay for it.

Price is

I'm quite hot on this little thing too :wub:

If you don't mind letting us know when it arrives, I'd be very interested in hearing how long it took to deliver and how much, if any, duties you had to pay for it.

Hi Phil

I am ordering the 32 Gig (B15,000) model from B&H Photo in New York. They quote 3 to 5 working days delivery via UPS.. I don't think there will be any duty as they mark the package as a gift... but I will let you know

here is the link for you convenience... http://www.bhphotovideo.com/sitem/sku=766267&is=REG&bi=E15

• 2 weeks later...

It's just been announced in Thailand:

Eee Pad Transformer 100 เครื่องแรก ในประเทศไทย พร้อมเปิดให้คุณได้เป็นเจ้าของก่อนใคร สำหรับ 50 ท่านแรกที่ซื้อ Eee Pad Transformer เฉพาะ Pad รับเลยส่วนลดทันที 2,000 บาท จากราคาปกติ 14,900 บาท เหลือเพียง 12,900 บาท (ไม่รวมภาษีมูลค่าเพิ่ม) และอีก 50 เครื่องสำหรับ Pad + แป้นคีย์บอร์ด (Docking Station) ในราคา 17,900 บาท (ไม่รวมภาษีมูลค่าเพิ่ม) สามารถโทรสั่งจองได้ที่หมายเลข 086-0828928, 083-3077075 ตั้งแต่วันที่ 27 - 30 มิถุนายน 2554 ระหว่างเวลา 09.00-17.00 น.

My limited Thai knowledge (and Google Translate) suggest the price for the first 50 people to order is 12,900 (presumably the 16G version Wifi-only, without dock) and a price of 17,900 for one with a dock, still size unknown. Prices ex vat.

http://www.asus.co.th/Eee/Eee_Pad/Eee_Pad_Transformer_TF101/

Yup, courtesy of Google translate (sic):

Eee Pad Transformer 100 first in Thailand, ready for you to own one of the first for 50 first purchased Eee Pad Transformer Only Pad for all special 2000 baht price 14,900 Baht only 12,900 Baht (excluding VAT) and other 50 machines for Pad + keyboard (Docking Station) in the price of 17,900 baht (VAT excluded) can be ordered by phone at Tel: 086-0828928, 083-3077075 from 27 - June 30, 2554 between 9:00 to 17:00 am

Yup, courtesy of Google translate (sic):

Eee Pad Transformer 100 first in Thailand, ready for you to own one of the first for 50 first purchased Eee Pad Transformer Only Pad for all special 2000 baht price 14,900 Baht only 12,900 Baht (excluding VAT) and other 50 machines for Pad + keyboard (Docking Station) in the price of 17,900 baht (VAT excluded) can be ordered by phone at Tel: 086-0828928, 083-3077075 from 27 - June 30, 2554 between 9:00 to 17:00 am

Are these phone numbers for Asus?

Following my understanding of this link, the one priced at 17,900 has 32gb... both version are sold with a dock... 14,900 for 16gb.

Please, feel free to correct me if I am wrong... :rolleyes:

No it's 14,900 for 16 gb and 17,900 with the keyboard

I only know what it said in the press release as translated by Google, sorry. Maybe call and ask them if you're considering getting one :)

Personally I would love to have one, but I still think it is too expensive. Consider that Apple products have always sold at a huge premium, yet you can buy a Ipad 2 starting around 15k (Ipad 1 starting around 12k). Consider also that you can buy a netbook at around 9,000 baht, which contains considerably more parts and are considerably more complicated to produce. In my personal opinion tablets need to get down under the 10k mark before they will really take off.

I only know what it said in the press release as translated by Google, sorry. Maybe call and ask them if you're considering getting one :)

Personally I would love to have one, but I still think it is too expensive. Consider that Apple products have always sold at a huge premium, yet you can buy a Ipad 2 starting around 15k (Ipad 1 starting around 12k). Consider also that you can buy a netbook at around 9,000 baht, which contains considerably more parts and are considerably more complicated to produce. In my personal opinion tablets need to get down under the 10k mark before they will really take off.

I think the Transformer is the biggest bang for the buck... The issue I have with Apple's IPad is Apple only lets you install Apps that they approve. Don't get me wrong, I have a Macbook Pro and an IPhone and love both. But when it comes to Tablets, The EEE Pad has it all over the IPad.. I intend to get the EEE Pad.

I know what you mean, and It will be interesting to see what happens if you get a phone call while in Pad mode. But it does mean that you only need one voice/data plan, and the Pad acts as a secondary battery.

I have two identical SIM cards, and despite what the telco told me, I still miss calls because they go to the wrong device.

:)

Edited by Chicog

I know what you mean, and It will be interesting to see what happens if you get a phone call while in Pad mode. But it does mean that you only need one voice/data plan, and the Pad acts as a secondary battery.

I have two identical SIM cards, and despite what the telco told me, I still miss calls because they go to the wrong device.

:)

You can answer using the Pad

Found this online

Eee Pad Transformer is scheduled for July 2 is in Thai!

I'm waiting for my Eee Pad Transformer is well prepared to head it. Facebook Asus Thailand since the last report came out that shows progress. Will be released on July 2, the price given here. Only the tablet only 14,900 Baht (excluding Vat) Eee Pad + Keyboard Docking 17,900 baht (not the solder Vat), which details a lighthearted, even below it.

Edited by Phil Conners
botched quote fixed

There is a 3G version of the Eee Pad Transformer planned to be launched in the UK August.

Yes you are correct.. and there will be an EPT with a quad processor by end of year...

But if we wait for bigger and better we never get anything

Hi Phil

I am ordering the 32 Gig (B15,000) model from B&H Photo in New York. They quote 3 to 5 working days delivery via UPS.. I don't think there will be any duty as they mark the package as a gift... but I will let you know

here is the link for you convenience... http://www.bhphotovi...7&is=REG&bi=E15

I think the Transformer is the biggest bang for the buck... The issue I have with Apple's IPad is Apple only lets you install Apps that they approve. Don't get me wrong, I have a Macbook Pro and an IPhone and love both. But when it comes to Tablets, The EEE Pad has it all over the IPad.. I intend to get the EEE Pad.

So Jeffrey any news about the Eee Pad you ordered,were ordering or intended to order?

It's just been announced in Thailand:

Eee Pad Transformer 100 เครื่องแรก ในประเทศไทย พร้อมเปิดให้คุณได้เป็นเจ้าของก่อนใคร สำหรับ 50 ท่านแรกที่ซื้อ Eee Pad Transformer เฉพาะ Pad รับเลยส่วนลดทันที 2,000 บาท จากราคาปกติ 14,900 บาท เหลือเพียง 12,900 บาท (ไม่รวมภาษีมูลค่าเพิ่ม) และอีก 50 เครื่องสำหรับ Pad + แป้นคีย์บอร์ด (Docking Station) ในราคา 17,900 บาท (ไม่รวมภาษีมูลค่าเพิ่ม) สามารถโทรสั่งจองได้ที่หมายเลข 086-0828928, 083-3077075 ตั้งแต่วันที่ 27 - 30 มิถุนายน 2554 ระหว่างเวลา 09.00-17.00 น.

My limited Thai knowledge (and Google Translate) suggest the price for the first 50 people to order is 12,900 (presumably the 16G version Wifi-only, without dock) and a price of 17,900 for one with a dock, still size unknown. Prices ex vat.

http://www.asus.co.t...nsformer_TF101/

Hopefully anyone who avails themselves of this number will let us know what they find out or whether they got one...then again it might be me -- if so I will post.