My First 90 Day Border Run.

Hi Guys

Coming up to my first 90 day border run on Jun 17th, and feeling like a complete and utter newbie.

I came over on a Multiple entry B visa ??? ( don't ask how or why, it was just easier than a non O , under the circumstances ) , and I am now working as a teacher, up in Mahasarakham.

The school I work in have not yet sorted my work permit. Though I am told that if it were needed, a letter confirming my position from the school would suffice.

A few questions :

What do I need to take with me for my first 90 day border run, other than my Passport ?

Where is the best place to cross to Laos from Mahasarakham ? We have been told Savanakit, as it is very close and a more pleasant experience than Vientianne. Though I did read on here that as I am only doing a 90 day run, I could just hop on a boat across from Nakhon Phanom and return almost immediately.

What is involved in this process at both the Thai and Laos sides of the Border ? I am told I just need to take 2 photos to give over at the Laos side???

Thanks all for any forthcoming advice and enlightenment

Daiwill

Edited by daiwill60

You just have to leave, enter another country and return to Thailand. For the other country, you will need to pay for a visa and give a photo (or 2). Just use the enarest crossing.

Working without a work permit is illegal. For a school it is relatively easy to get a work permit.

You just have to leave, enter another country and return to Thailand. For the other country, you will need to pay for a visa and give a photo (or 2). Just use the enarest crossing.

Working without a work permit is illegal. For a school it is relatively easy to get a work permit.

Not having to pay for a visa or provide photos is another reason I prefer doing my visa run to Malaysia, 5 minutes and you are done FOC. I always keep spare copies of the immigration forms too so I can fill them in at home rather than at the checkpoints.

Also, get that work permit sorted ASAP. As Mario said, the school should have no problem helping though it will be interesting to see what happens if they say you have been working for the last three months without one. There could be a bit of trouble and you can bet you bottom dollar it is not going to be the school who gets it.

Good luck in any case