Floods Back In Korat?

newsite12

Been raining hard here for the past few hours in Korat, and weather system still looks quite large.

Last October we had bad floods here, pretty much crippled the entire province, although our house which is on quite high ground did escape it, but just down the road about 100 meters it was 3 foot deep. But we still had no water, electricity or internet for about 4 days.

It rained really hard on Monday and also yesterday we had some prolonged rain. Now the water in our road is no longer draining off and is about 6 inches deep and rising by the minute.

I hate to think what its like 100 meters down the road, or in other parts of Korat at the moment. Last night I noticed that the water level in the storm drains was very high and not moving at all. So that means the river is up very high at the minute.

I drove past the lamptakong reservoir about 10 days ago which was the source of the floods back in October, and noticed there were still trees sticking out of the water which means the level has not gone down enough to cater for the season.

If the floods were so bad in October which luckily was the very last rains of the season, and gave us the chance to recover.. i can only imagine how bad things may get it we flood at the start of the rainy season.... sigh.