D&d Appliances

Jeepz

Has anyone ever shopped with these folks? Do they have a website? (I searched for a website but didn't find one.) I'm trying to run down what models of Kitchen Aid mixers are available in Thailand and what they cost.

D&D Home Appliances Co. Ltd.

75/42 Richmond Office Building, 14th floor, Sukhumvit 26 Rd.

Klongton, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110,

Thailand.

I'd appreciate any info on these folks, or anyone that sells Kitchen Aid in Thailand, particularly if they have a website I can visit.

Jeepz

I suspect that this is an importer or distributor rather than retail as don't know of anyone who goes shopping on the 14th floor of an office building here. Web sites are few and far between so it is not surprising that you have not found one. You might want to make Kitchen Aid your subject if that is what you are interested in.

Thanks lopburi3, you are very likely correct on that, and I didn't really catch it. I have tried searching for Kitchen Aid, but I am looking for Kitchen Aid equipment in Thailand, not the states or Europe. Basically I'm doing a bit of preplanning on what it would cost to outfit my kitchen over there. Domestic produced Kitchen Aid won't work in Thailand and a transformer is discouraged by the manufacturer, voiding the warranty and so on.

Jeepz

Am sure it is available but also quite sure as a special 'high price' type item so it is likely to be more expensive than in the USA. You could probably buy from a New York diplomatic sales source with a 50hz 220v motor but don't expect you would get any service here if you had a problem. You might find professional bakery equipment for sale here for the same price if that would suit you.

The reason they don't recommend a transformer is that the mixer uses a motor designed to run on 60Hz and used here will be about 17% slow and the transformer can not correct the Hz (cycles per second).

Jeepz; You will be very lucky to find the web site you are looking for and if you did find one in Thailand,,they would not answer you so it is a waste of time, I have wasted many hours looking and when found,the site is either closed or they will not answer you when contacted,,your best bet is to go to BIG C or CARREFORE or MAKRO when you get here and look at what they sell as they have a section about like wally world, and ask there for what ever you need,but if they don't have it on the shelf,you are out of luck as they will not special order,they will tell you "No Havo Thailand" and maybe you can go next door and buy it. but if they do not have it,it means that it doesn't exist..

Thanks guys. That's good info. I had checked with Kitchen Aid themselves, and they pointed me toward the D&D outfit. Kitchen Aid said they do manufacture product for the Thailand market, so I'm just making the leap that somehow, somewhere I can get a stand mixer by them.

Of course, KA's products are an old American story. Originally manufactured by Hobart, rights to them were sold and they are now manufactured by another outfit that doesn't have the same attitude as Hobart (manufacturer of large commecial mixers).

Still, most models are excellent, but some are problematic. So I was just doing a bit of hunting to see if their acceptable models are available. But as you all point out, I will probably just have to do the hunt once I get my feet on the ground there.

Hope Santa was nice to you all! :o

Jeepz

Did you try Verasu appliances yet? They seem to have many quality European applicances (primarily) and some US ones as well. I didn't see Kitchen Aid in their mixer selections but there might an equivalent there.

They have an outlet on Lard Prao (soi 134) and another on Wireless/Wittayute (not far from Conrad) and I am sure many others. I have bought several things there and totally satisfied with the product and service.

Here is the verasu website you might check out further:

http://www.verasu.com/Eng_version/FAQs.html

good luck.

farangene

Thanks for the pointer. I'm checking the website out now. Don't see Kitchen Aid there, but it does give me a good place to start for comparison. I appreciate that. Guess I'd better get some of my higher end stuff (non-electric) bought before I come over.

A couple of All-Clad pans and a skillet or two left to buy. Happy New Year!

Jeepz