Tourist Visa Laos

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Vientiane as a Non Visa holder in Thailand eligible for 30 days in Thailand..

From New Zealand ,

I was looking for the fifteen day extension on return fron Laos.

I spent two days in Vientiane returned to Thailand and was dismayed to find that the fifteen day extension

I was told to expect was not given.

My time in Laos was included therefor in my 30 days in Thailand

I went next day to BKK airport to see immigration, but you can't they are hidden behind customs.

Just before I left New Zealand I had realised my mistake in not getting a Visa , so I rang Thai embassy, in NZ.

They do not answer phones, , and they do not answer emails.

Paul Scott

You arrived by air and received a 30 day visa exempt entry.

You departed Thailand without a re-entry permit when you visited Vientiane so your original 30 day entry ended there and then.

When you returned to Thailand you received a new 15 day visa exempt entry.

If you wish to stay longer you can depart/return by land for 15 days or air for 30 days or obtain a tourist visa with an overnight stay (and 1,000 baht fee) to stay 60 days with option to extend another 30 days for 1,900 baht.

I just returned from Vientiane yesterday. I received another two-entry visa, but was also red-stamped that I may be denied on future requests.

They're giving out double entry tourist visas like hot cakes in Phnom Penh... and with no warning stamps. It must be easy because every Filipino applicant (who are obviously all working illegally) can get one.

... of course there is no guarantee this will still be going on by the time your current double entry has expired.

This post refers to attempt at extension of a 30 days non Visa visit.

Post 3 and 4 above.

Thank you Lopburi 3. Yes I went to Lao right in themiddle of my 30 day exemption period and so gained no advantage

You say

If you wish to staylonger you can depart/return by land for 15 days or air for 30 days or obtain atourist visa with an overnight stay (and 1,000 baht fee) to stay 60 days withoption to extend another 30 days for 1,900 baht.

Does this mean , obtain Visa in the country I amvisiting outside Thailand, at that Countries Thai Immigration/Embassy.

Sorry to be dumb, normally you would expect me tobe Australian, but I am exposed as New ZeaIander

Yes you obtain at the Thai Consulate in the country you are in. As you had stayed in Vientiane several days you could have done there (although they are not a good choice if you have more than a couple tourist visas in your passport these days).

• 3 months later...

Bangkok airport from where? If from SA without onward ticket you could have a problem with airline. If you arrive without visa you get a 30 day visa exempt entry stamp. If you visit Laos and return by land you will get a 15 day visa exempt but if you return by air you will get another 30 day visa exempt stamp.

I just returned from Vientiane yesterday. I received another two-entry visa, but was also red-stamped that I may be denied on future requests.

Never heard of the red stamp. Is this something new?

No it is not and if you get the chance of obtaining another tourist visa at that Consulate is virtually nil.