Rawai Cable Tv

petercallen

thanks, petercallen, i noticed that last night. i also have a new crime channel, too. did you get that one as well?

Yes mate, thats what made me check through the channels to see what else was new.

Can't wait to get home and see if they're putting sport on the sport channels now!

Those Thai 'Sport' Channels where they just sit in a studio and talk all day long are a waste of airspace.

Can't wait to get home and see if they're putting sport on the sport channels now!

Those Thai 'Sport' Channels where they just sit in a studio and talk all day long are a waste of airspace.

Plenty of sport from all over the world they have 6 sports channels

I need a complete channel list, does anyone have one?

The house I rent recently changed from UBC to Rawai Cable, the channel list of the Samsung TV only shows numbers, no program info, I have no idea what channels I have and where they are and what's on, at least with UBC I got I paper magazine and the channel list showed names, info button showed summaries about the programs ...

The house I rent recently changed from UBC to Rawai Cable, the channel list of the Samsung TV only shows numbers, no program info, I have no idea what channels I have and where they are and what's on, at least with UBC I got I paper magazine and the channel list showed names, info button showed summaries about the programs ...

Local cable don't have any 'info button' or summary facilities.

Some cable operator will supply a monthly magazine. Patong Cable always offer the magazine when I pay the bill each month. All operators will at least offer you a photocopy of their channel listings.

The Rawai Cable shop is just past The Islander as you head toward Rawai Beach. They should have that for you.

I'm happy to run a copy of what I've got for you, but since the genesis of the thread is that there are new or changed channels, what I have might be outdated.

I just wish they had the History Channel, it shows "Pawn Stars" from Vegas, quite an entertaining program.

I was enjoying the NBA Playoffs Live on Rawai cable when someone at their office decided to switch it to indoor field hockey instead. I marched right up to their office to file a written complaint. I sure showed them whos boss.

Yes, the shop (someone's already told you where it is) has an A4 sheet of channels for customers to take away. I get a 'new one' every month when i go to pay the bill!

• 3 months later...

2 month ago channel 46 aka nat geo wild was all english language.then a month ago half the programs were thai.now for a week or more all thai.i am in rawai.wonder if that happened everywhere and possibly can be changed back to english again?

Give them a call and tell them.I used to all the time .I would be watching a movie and it would change to Thai half way through.Call the guy on his mobile and would get it changed back to English.

When I first came here I had Rawai cable and was v happy - even though the films were poor quality, obviously from the cheap DVDs one can buy here.

I didn't watch TV that much so it wasn't a problem UNTIL.... the final F1 race in 2006.

I'd stayed up until midnight to watch it, but it wasn't shown....

I changed to True Visions before the next season started. They may be rubbish, but at least you can rely on them to show what is programmed.

2 month ago channel 46 aka nat geo wild was all english language.then a month ago half the programs were thai.now for a week or more all thai.i am in rawai.wonder if that happened everywhere and possibly can be changed back to english again?

Give them a call and tell them.I used to all the time .I would be watching a movie and it would change to Thai half way through.Call the guy on his mobile and would get it changed back to English.

You need to know the 'phone number and, be warned, they are only awake to answer during normal office hours.

Later than that, you need to know the owners 'phone number and annoy him enough to wake the employees :lol:.

Unfortunately I found this out to late.

Rawai cable service seems ok have had no interupts

but

Channel line up sucks with astro sports channels showing lots of un-anounced programing with way to much

soccer talk and Malaysian indoor sports BOARING..

All Malay sports shows sometimes i think they are stealing the signal from Malaysian sattalite leagal not sure..??

news of Fox,BBC world and Al Jezeria is ok but the universal network and fox crime network very poor tv shows and sometimes 10 minutes of commercials just repeating adds for there crappy tv programs.very annoying...

good thai programs from what i see but gives me headache all that screaming and yelling not good for my ears...

Lots of cartoon channel too if you like

if had another option here in Rawai i would like to hear the pros and cons compared to Rawai Cable

must be something better out there?

If you are into sport Rawai cable have about 10 sports channels and if you check them they

have rugby, all types of football, squash, billiards,badminton, netball,golf, car and bike racing

table tennis bicycle racing etc

There service is good if it stops working in office hours we have only had to call them about

4 times in 4 months, not like when we lived in Chalong where it stopped working regularly