Doing Vacation Rentals In Cm

jaideeguy

I have 2 empty houses on my property that could easily be furnished and equipped to acomodate vacation rentals and would like to get some info/advise from anyone experienced in this here in CM.

It's obvious that I would have to promote my units.....website and/or local advertising.

If properly promoted, then what kind of an occupancy rate should I expect??

I would rather go for longer term rentals......nothing less than a week and could offer fully serviced by maid and also auto or motorcycle rental. Food could be offered in a bed and breakfast type situation. Decent wi fi internet and land line phone.

The location is roughly 25k from the city center, airport in less than 30 minutes and is in a quiet and peaceful setting with rice fields and pasture surrounding with many wild birds.....even migrating ducks. no traffic or moo baan noise. Very unique setting for nature and privacy lovers, but not for party people.

Is this doable??

Worth a try if it's just wasted sitting there. I imagine your main Market would be falang and krung families living in other parts of Thailand wanting to visit cm. By renting a house for a week or two you have more space and less price than a hotel; also end up spending less on food as can cook yourself. I'm looking at these options when we visit the beach.

I think most of these people would have or rent a car so I wouldn't go buying lots of motorbikes. U could possibly do a deal with a rental company and offer the moto or car rent service through your website taking a commission while providing possibly a better rate than they might get independently (because u can negotiate the price down on an assumption of however many weeks per year).

Occupance wise; I guess u just have to give it a go and see; but I'd guess only 10-30%. still better than nothing so long as u don't lay out too much money on it.

Like don't employ a chef, just kitchen facilities; and clean only once a week on change over would be sufficient / standard for this kind of holiday rental.

If u have a maid anyway u could offer laundry service I suppose.

Good luck

If you market it to golfers, I think you would get a lot of interest as long as the courses are close by. 25 km is not a long way out of town if your not a sex tourist that needs to be on Loi khro, good luck with it.

Loi Khro is a pathetic scene for sex tourists....they mostly go to BKK or PTYA. I think that my best target guests would be families and couples that want to get away from the action, noise and pollution of the city, Yet still have it accessable and with sat tv, internet and private swimming pool.

I was hoping for a 50% occupancy rate, but this is CM with short high season.