The Homepro Rip-Off !

TheWizardofRnR

So whats the best place to go as of now.. we need a kitchen in a month or two.. Mostly in wood and american style.

Seems to me some of the really good looking kitchen benches, cupboards & drawers are made with chipboard which you cannot see due to some nice material on the outside but eventually the damp gets in with the high humidity & then they deteriorate quite quickly. I would suggest a good cabinetmaker. I recently did a renovation on a home where we used a cabinetmaker throughout the house including the kitchen. He came up with some good ideas & drawings plus you can specify what wood you want to use so it will last. PM if you would like his contact details. Pleasant, honest & speaks good English.

agreed

my neighbors kitchen cost over one million baht from a well reputaded Phuket kitchen supplier. 3 years old its falling apart.

Have it made from redwood, makha or teak floor boards 3/4 inch, and it lasts forever. Drawers and doors can be purchased in solid teak from Home Pro, and varnished if you dislike teak color

i pmd.. we will basically put a perfect kitchen and put only basic furniture like beds and well, nothing else since id rather have cheap tables to put my clothes on than buying what's available in phuket right now. Cant wait for ikea. Everytime i have walked around the 5-6 big furniture store everything looked cheap and ugly even when it was priced in millions of baht.

You should see the closet my landlord has next to a 80 000baht bed. Black wood, Uneven, bunch of drilled empty holes, handles fell apart, middle 2 doors have a huge painting of a canadian forest with a small rocky river which looks like it has been painted by a 10year old kid. 2 mirrors on the top of the closet which is too high for anyone under 6'5 feet.

Nobody seems to have noticed but OP said one speed worked in post one and two worked in another post? Wonder if it was wired correctly?

As for kitchen am of the do as most Thai and forget western style (cold weather) cabinets and counters/storage. Keep it open for air to circulate and use granite or custom made hardwood/plastic counter-top with open shelving. Thus if a home or townhouse should be outside main residence for the actual cooking facility (microwave inside).

Had my experiences, anything I buy I request the box to be opened so that the contents can be checked, this was never a problem. In case of electrical appliances, they are always willing to plug them in and switch them on, though of course you cannot say test the complete washing cycle of a fully automatic washing machine right there in the shop.

Shop assistants are always talking about 1 or 3 or 5 years guarantee, but this hardly interests me. My experiences with guarantees have always been quite bad, both in the Netherlands and in Thailand. When the thing breaks down after 2 weeks, it is always my fault, and I always have to pay for it. Resigned to this a long time ago, working up a temper about this makes as little sense as furiously complaining about the wheather.

• 2 months later...

Rip off's in Thailand. It's always rip-offs.

True story:

Bought a new house in The Netherlands. Needed complete renovation, including kitchen.

Did not want to go to Ikea because thats kind of a poor mans choice. Enden with this so called high end kitchen firm. They went broke and my down payment was up in smoke. Next firm same thing. Ended up going to Ikea.

Rip-off's are everyware not only in LOS

Last night I bought a TV at Home Pro with the particular model on a special discount, for 2 days only, below the normal discounted promotion price plus a further 10% reduction for using credit card & without me asking the AV manager produced a voucher reducing the price a further Baht 500. The total ended up being 1,700 lower than the best price at Powerbuy. At Home pro I have never had any problems with their service or warranty issues, of which there have only been a couple & I buy quite a lot from there mainly for business use.

In my book(and i think most posters here who do a lot of DIY) anyone who is against homepro is a real ******* (insert anything you want there)

homepro is like the only place in thailand that is always

1)giving good service

2)giving you the best price they can

3)smiling

I have never heard or had any fluctuation, it is always 1000000% perfect. People getting problems there are problematic themselves.

jap.gifpraise homepro jap.gif

You must remember that all of the hyper marts have an unattined goal of havbe more customers than staff at any given momnent!

I never understand what you are saying,i dont know about rip offs,you are experiancing here in Thailand....,im not surprised,nobody knows what you are on about......

Edited by LivinginKata
profanity removed