Dharma Talk By Ajahn Brahm

sabaijai

Dharma Talk by Ajahn Brahm on Monday, 27 June 2011 from 2.00 pm (Royal Ballroom)

As part of the 135th anniversary celebrations of Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, you are cordially invited to: -

a Dharma Talk entitled “The Secrets of Real Happiness”

by the renowned Ajahn Brahm

Royal Ballroom, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok

on Monday, 27 June 2011 from 2.00 pm

Ajahn Brahmavamso was born in London in 1951. He regarded himself a Buddhist at the age of 17 through his reading of Buddhist books while still at school. His interest in Buddhism and meditation flourished while studying Theoretical Physics at Cambridge University. After completing his degree and teaching for a year, he travelled to Thailand to become a monk. He was ordained in Bangkok at the age of 23 by the Abbot of Wat Saket. He subsequently spent 9 years studying and training in the forest meditation tradition of the Venerable Ajahn Chah. In 1983, he was asked to assist in the establishing of a forest monastery near Perth, Western Australia. Ajahn Brahm now is the Abbot of Bodhinyana Monastery and the Spiritual Director of the Buddhist Society of Western Australia.

Ajahn Brahm will deliver a 45-minute talk on “The Secrets of Real Happiness”. There will be English-language books entitled “Wisdom of Silence” and CDRoms: “Secrets of Happiness” based on previous talks by Ajahn Brahm - for free distribution on that day. Donations are welcome.

To secure seats for this talk (first come first served basis), please call Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok’s Public Relations Dept., tel. 02 659 9000.

For more information on Ajahn Brahm, please check out: www.ajahnbrahm.org<http://www.ajahnbrahm.org> and www.bswa.org<http://www.bswa.org> click link to “Ajahn Brahm”.

I love Ajahn Brahm's talks... I listen to his youtube video's quite frequently. I also have two of his books. I wish I could make this personal appearance, but can't. If you want someone to tell you about Buddhism in a whole different way, don't miss his talk.