Micro-Brewery In Jungceylon

KhunHeineken

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The full moon brewery is located immediately behind the boat in the fountain. When I last went they have 3 beers on tap, a lager beer a wheat beer and a dark beer. Did not care much for the wheat beer which is a shame because I love blue moon & Hogarden. I did enjoy the other 2 very much though.

The full moon brewery is located immediately behind the boat in the fountain. When I last went they have 3 beers on tap, a lager beer a wheat beer and a dark beer. Did not care much for the wheat beer which is a shame because I love blue moon & Hogarden. I did enjoy the other 2 very much though.

Thanks mate. I've been to Jungceylon many times but never went into, or behind, the boat. I'll check the place out in the next couple of days. Can you actually see them making the beer there?

Thanks mate. I've been to Jungceylon many times but never went into, or behind, the boat. I'll check the place out in the next couple of days. Can you actually see them making the beer there?

At least you can have a look at the equipment, it is quite impressive. The dark stuff is tasty, and I can recommend the Fish&Chips!

post-693-0-09540200-1307034178_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

At least you can have a look at the equipment, it is quite impressive. The dark stuff is tasty, and I can recommend the Fish&Chips!

That beer looks cloudy to me

Get there quickly as I have a sneaky feeling that they won't be around too long, which is sad, as their beers are good.......and cloudy.

The place is usually empty and with Jungceylon rents that does not augur well.

Very poor location with little walk-past trade.

That beer looks cloudy to me

As good beer not treated with chemicals should be.

I don't agree (based on swilling loads of English real ale made solely form natural ingredients) and being a CAMRA member.

Good beer should not be cloudy, unless it's a wheat beer (which is probably the answer here) or it is bottle conditioned and someone poured it badly!

Whats the price of the beer and fish and chips?

170 baht/pint, happy hour 16.00 - 18.00 100 baht. Fish & chips 295 baht, bangers & mash 295 baht.

......+10% service charge.

The fish & chips are indeed very good but alas, I too don't reckon they'll survive.

Whats the price of the beer and fish and chips?

170 baht/pint, happy hour 16.00 - 18.00 100 baht. Fish & chips 295 baht, bangers & mash 295 baht.

The fish & chips are indeed very good but alas, I too don't reckon they'll survive.

sounds delicious

but 5 pints at 170 baht is 850 baht

fish&chips 295 baht

ad 10% and we r at 1.260 baht

prefere gourmet at that price

Location is for sure a problem, although they have a chalk board ad on the way into the main mall. Atmosphere non existant due to the lack of customers (at least from what I see during the day time), and at those prices it's only going to appeal to the tourists. They have a long low season to struggle through.

sounds delicious

fish&chips 295 baht

mmmmm ...... gourmet meal and 5 pints of real ale. Does not really go togther, no ... :blink:

Now gourmet meal with a fine bottle of wine, that sounds great. Don't think I would get that for 1,260 baht in a quality restaurant.

sounds delicious

fish&chips 295 baht

mmmmm ...... gourmet meal and 5 pints of real ale. Does not really go togther, no ... :blink:

Now gourmet meal with a fine bottle of wine, that sounds great. Don't think I would get that for 1,260 baht in a quality restaurant.

depends on where we set the gourmet limit, but at this price you get three delicious dishes Italian and half a liter house wine at M&M in Nai Harn :P , or 2 dishes and liter house wine :rolleyes: excellent quality food and good wine

and I am a beer lover, but 187 baht a pint?

depends on where we set the gourmet limit, but at this price you get three delicious dishes Italian and half a liter house wine at M&M in Nai Harn :P , or 2 dishes and liter house wine :rolleyes: excellent quality food and good wine

Yep, no doubt you can get a fine meal (for one person) and half bottle of decent wine for that amount. I'm just joking with you about the 5 pints of beer. Must admit that would lead to me throwing up my fine meal .. B)

Before I moved to SE Asia I enjoyed drinking dark beer in the UK (IPA was my favourite), but after becoming an expat I gave up drinking this pilsner stuff. When Greenman opened with Kilkenny on tap I thought great, but at something like 200 baht/pint (10 years ago) my enthusiasm wore off very quickly.

Yep, no doubt you can get a fine meal (for one person) and half bottle of decent wine for that amount. I'm just joking with you about the 5 pints of beer. Must admit that would lead to me throwing up my fine meal .. B)

Before I moved to SE Asia I enjoyed drinking dark beer in the UK (IPA was my favourite), but after becoming an expat I gave up drinking this pilsner stuff. When Greenman opened with Kilkenny on tap I thought great, but at something like 200 baht/pint (10 years ago) my enthusiasm wore off very quickly.

4 pints as starter and one with the main course is a good meal :P

made me desire a Guinnes, are the irish bubs in bangla and patong beach road ( ScruffyMcMurphy and MollyMalone) still serving pints of Guinees tap at 199 baht?

Ok. So, thanks to members on TV, I finally found the place. It is well and truly behind the boat. You can't see it from the main pedestrian shopping area. You have to walk around the pool, or come in through an enterance/exit off the street at the back of Jungceylon.

I had 4 pints. 2 in happy hour and 2 outside happy hour, so, the price evened out a bit.

There is no gimmick, the beer is made on site. You can see the boilers and the vats - or whatever you call them. There was some work going on with the beer while I was there. You could smell the aroma of the brew, so, it is definately their own and original beer.

I tried 2 out of their 3 beers but I perfered the wheat beer and found it tasty and refreshing. It was a bit cloudy, but every wheat beer I have ever had has been a bit cloudy. I did not try the dark beer because I thought it would be like guiness, which I thought a bit heavy on the stomach for an afternoon beer, but as I was leaving I asked about it, and was told it wasn't like guiness, so, I will try it next time. I found the beer a nice change from Chang, Singha, Tiger, San Mig and even my beloved Heineken. :) :)

The place is airconditioned, but you can sit outside if you want and listen to the fountain. It very clean and everything in good order.

The staff are "legitimate" (not bar girls) and friendly. Their english was very good.

It was quiet when I was there, but that's probably due to it's location.

I did not order any food there.

All in all, I found the beer great and the atmosphere relaxing. No noisey motorbikes, tourist, drunks etc. I'll defenately be popping in from time to time.

Edited by KhunHeineken

It is true....very difficult to find. Ouch....the price is quite high when you compare with local pale lager (Singha & Chang in 7-Eleven at 34B for small and 50+B for large). But if drinking in a pub or restaurant, I think it is a decent price (Singha, Chang, Heineken at 150B per pint and Guinness & Killkeny at 299B per pint in pub. But great news, I had happy hour price at 100B/ pint and I had only 5!!! My girlfriend also order the Sunrays of Siam, they claim it's a signature drink of Phuket. Very tasty...

Overall, I really enjoy the cloudy beer it is full of flavor. From what I know from my old friend who are a brew master from Greece. He said the non-chemical treated lager wil never get crystal clear due to some protein or yeast or something still left over. But on non-chemical treated ale will be crystal clear as it use different type of yeast at higher temperature.

Good luck and keep doing this great Happy Hour deals!!!

It is true....very difficult to find. Ouch....the price is quite high when you compare with local pale lager (Singha & Chang in 7-Eleven at 34B for small and 50+B for large). But if drinking in a pub or restaurant, I think it is a decent price (Singha, Chang, Heineken at 150B per pint and Guinness & Killkeny at 299B per pint in pub. But great news, I had happy hour price at 100B/ pint and I had only 5!!! My girlfriend also order the Sunrays of Siam, they claim it's a signature drink of Phuket. Very tasty...

Overall, I really enjoy the cloudy beer it is full of flavor. From what I know from my old friend who are a brew master from Greece. He said the non-chemical treated lager wil never get crystal clear due to some protein or yeast or something still left over. But on non-chemical treated ale will be crystal clear as it use different type of yeast at higher temperature.

English Real Ale is kept clear by the use of finings, otherwise it would look like Thai pond water.

I've never heard of the "Sunrays of Siam" drink on Phuket. What is it?

I went the other day too...the dark ale was one of the the best beers I've had in Thailand. I still havent been to the Belgian brasserie in Phuket Town yet as I've heard they have over 100 options, will be interesting to see how it is.

@ you buy me drink - i dont think you can compare the price of a small breweries pale ale to mass produced Thai lager.

Ok. So, thanks to members on TV, I finally found the place. It is well and truly behind the boat. You can't see it from the main pedestrian shopping area. You have to walk around the pool, or come in through an enterance/exit off the street at the back of Jungceylon.

I had 4 pints. 2 in happy hour and 2 outside happy hour, so, the price evened out a bit.

There is no gimmick, the beer is made on site. You can see the boilers and the vats - or whatever you call them. There was some work going on with the beer while I was there. You could smell the aroma of the brew, so, it is definately their own and original beer.

I tried 2 out of their 3 beers but I perfered the wheat beer and found it tasty and refreshing. It was a bit cloudy, but every wheat beer I have ever had has been a bit cloudy. I did not try the dark beer because I thought it would be like guiness, which I thought a bit heavy on the stomach for an afternoon beer, but as I was leaving I asked about it, and was told it wasn't like guiness, so, I will try it next time. I found the beer a nice change from Chang, Singha, Tiger, San Mig and even my beloved Heineken. :) :)

The place is airconditioned, but you can sit outside if you want and listen to the fountain. It very clean and everything in good order.

The staff are "legitimate" (not bar girls) and friendly. Their english was very good.

It was quiet when I was there, but that's probably due to it's location.

I did not order any food there.

All in all, I found the beer great and the atmosphere relaxing. No noisey motorbikes, tourist, drunks etc. I'll defenately be popping in from time to time.

You don't mention beer Leo ! In my opinion the best Thai beer on the market.

I will have to try this brewery out as well though.

Does this fine establishment have a good beer dark enough than you cannot see through it? I like my beer just as I like my women... black and sometimes with big red lips...:D

Yes.....its just how you like it...without the lips though

Does this fine establishment have a good beer dark enough than you cannot see through it? I like my beer just as I like my women... black and sometimes with big red lips...:D

Yes.....its just how you like it...without the lips though

Sounds like the real thing. Never did like lipstick in my beer all that much so it will all work out. Thanks

Tried it today for lunch (bangers and mash) and both the dark and the light full strength beers. A2 and A3 on the menu.

Great taste and such a difference from the Thai beers i have gotten used to but the huge ship in the middle of the pond blocks any exposure it could have and needs desperately.

I'm afraid it will die if some decent marketing doesn't get poured into the place.

managed 6 pints during 4-6pm happy hour :)

the light colored beer was surprisingly tasty

medium colored beatiful red color

and the dark became my favorite

made from Thai rice, the dark one sticky black rice, and aussie ingridients according to menu. I believe its the same recipie used at Longbeer, closed now but used to be opposite Tesco Lotus Bypass

very nice looking place, 3 outdoor tables can peoplewatch Jungceylon "square" and pond, the rest hidden behind the boat.

pleasant pro staff, probably food&beverage college, staff claim owner is Thai but a farang with measuring tape was telling staff what to do.......

They really need to sign up as ThaiVisa sponsors :D , cause drop in business will not occure with this location, you really need to look for it even if you know its supposed to be there

My GF and I where the only customers during 2 happy hours, 950 baht for 6 pints and 2 fruit shakes

Worth a try for all beer lovers :)